I hope I'm not setting myself back cos of my ice-cream addiction!

Options
I LOVE ice cream. Really, I do. Indulging in ice cream at the end of the day is just about the only thing that gives me the will power to stay under my calorie count. Is an ice cream (350 calories - one of those "drumsticks" -ice cream in a cone) a day going to stall weight loss? Even if I stay under my calorie count?

Replies

• Hemlon
    Hemlon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat, as long as you stay under your calorie goal.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit. As long as you are still at a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight

I ate ice cream every night during this process and lost all my weight and have kept it off for three years so far

Don't believe the hype. Carbs don't cause people to gain, a calorie surplus does.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am also addicted to ice cream. I blame in on breastfeeding lol. Since stopping bfing, I still have ice cream everyday. As long as it fits in your calorie goal, you'll be fine.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    So long as it fits and all that...skinny cow is very good though...and half or a third of the calories...just saying. You could eat twice as much ;)
  • RahaLiyla
    RahaLiyla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit. As long as you are still at a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight

I ate ice cream every night during this process and lost all my weight and have kept it off for three years so far

Don't believe the hype. Carbs don't cause people to gain, a calorie surplus does.

AHHH ❤️❤️❤️ that's awesome to hear!
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream every night as well. And have for a long time.
  • RahaLiyla
    Options
    For some reason when I eat ice cream I lose weight, it's the only food that does that for me I can eat a whole pint of Ben n jerrys and the next morning I'll weigh like 2 pounds less

I have no idea how that works
  • RahaLiyla
    Options
    Hemlon wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what you eat, as long as you stay under your calorie goal.

Thank you!
  • RahaLiyla
    Options
    I am also addicted to ice cream. I blame in on breastfeeding lol. Since stopping bfing, I still have ice cream everyday. As long as it fits in your calorie goal, you'll be fine.

So happy to hear there are others who eat ice cream every day like me!
  • RahaLiyla
    Options
    So long as it fits and all that...skinny cow is very good though...and half or a third of the calories...just saying. You could eat twice as much ;)

Best protip EVER! I'll definitely look into that brand! Once these drumsticks are done with, I'll go for those next! Thank you so much
  • RahaLiyla
    Options
    rkcampbell wrote: »
    I eat ice cream every night as well. And have for a long time.

I'm glad I can continue to do so :') dieting isn't bad at all if I can have ice cream every day!
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I occasionally make a sundae, but I am a great believer in enjoying the food that's in my mouth, that one present bite. A lot of food, to me, is stifling, but enjoying that bite I h1ave! Yum! Eat it slowly and milk it for all it's worth. So I can be very satisfied with a teensy bowl that will only hold 2-3 TBS of ice cream, a dribble of chocolate sauce. a tsp of whipped cream, and half of a pecan, crushed. I still get the whole taste. Slowly! Why eat more?
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich's are only 150 calories too!
  • ogtmama
    Options
    johunt615 wrote: »

The chocolate truffle bar is only 100 :D
  • ogtmama
    Options
    johunt615 wrote: »

The chocolate truffle bar is only 100 :D

I had 2 tonight.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Blue Ribbon chocolate bars are 110 cal, orange cream bars are 100, root beer float bars also 100 :-)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Try talenti gelato.....its AMAZING! I just had some carribean coconut. ;)
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream everyday too and it hasn't made a difference. Another brand you could consider is Yasso, it's only 100 calories and sooo good (especially the chocolate chip cookie dough one, I think) but it's frozen yogurt. I can't really tell a difference between ice cream and frozen yogurt but if you're the type of person who can then maybe it's not for you :smile:
  • rhondaann0416
    rhondaann0416 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have ice cream every night. I love the Weight Watcher's Triple Divine Popsicle for only 80 calories. I also love the Skinny Cow Truffle bars.