Getting started... again....

Options
prchavez
prchavez Posts: 3 Member
I'm back on Fitness Pal... I've gained weight... again. I'm not feeling happy about it at all. I've actually decided to go through with weight-loss surgery, but I have to wait to start the process until we get back from our vacation in Ireland next month. I need to lose weight... not because I have diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, or other obesity related problems... I'm healthy, just fat... but what if I'm a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode with any complication, or combination of the complications, of loving food and obesity? I love food, but I love my family and myself more. I want to be more active, I want to hike and run. I want to fit nicely in a decent size of clothes... I don't want to see a number in front of the sizes... What does 1X, 2X, 3X, etc. really mean anyway? I want to stop hiding behind my family in friends in pictures to hide my large body. I want to look the way I feel inside...

Replies

• shamara1925
    shamara1925 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well good luck. Take it one day at a time. Choose to make a difference and stick with it. That's my struggle to, staying committed. ;)
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I used this app a year or so ago, lost 60 lbs.. Gained it all back when I stopped. Not making that mistake again.

You've got this.
  • prchavez
    prchavez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I need to get out of this rut. I appreciate the support.