Yoga for dummies

Options
MicevskaS
MicevskaS Posts: 11 Member
edited July 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey guys :) I've been doing pilates for some time now, but I want to switch things up a little bit and try yoga. Does anyone have a recommendation of a youtube-person that explains yoga for beginners? Or maybe an app that you really like? Thanks :)

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I don't know for YouTube but I use both yogaglo.com and yogadownload.com . Both are sub based with a monthly fee but offer free trials. Yogaglo is a bit expensive while the other one is 10$ a month (I think, I got a 90$ for the whole year promo so I'm not sure anymore)

The have beginner series. There's plenty of websites offering yoga classes out there. Just be careful as you won't have someone correcting your posture so make sure to have the teacher who gives excellent posture cues. :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Try a class or two first so a real life person can help with correct form.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    Try a class or two first so a real life person can help with correct form.

i second this. bad alignment can lead to injury.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yeah I third this recommendation. A good teacher can help make sure you are doing the poses correctly so you don't injure yourself.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Fourth the take some classes before trying on line sites. After 6 months I still wouldn't do it outside a class environment.

Cheers, h.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    NJCJF wrote: »
    Yoga with Adriene. She's the best!

Yes she had my muscles sore!
  • ssakcik
    ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    NJCJF wrote: »
    Yoga with Adriene. She's the best!