Weight issue

Options
Is it normal when eating at maintenance calories to gain like 2 kgs at the end of the day ?? And when is the best time to weigh yourself?

Replies

• codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yes it is normal to "gain" weight throughout the day, for me it's usually 3-5 pounds depending on how hydrated I am. I like to log the weight I measure first thing in the morning, but I frequently weight after dinner also just for curiosity.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    You're going to fluctuate throughout the day and from day to day...think about it for about 1/2 a second...you've been eating all day and drinking fluids right? Well...that stuff has mass and thus weight. Body weight is not static...it is a range...you're always going to have varying degrees of fluid retention and release (the body is anywhere from 50-65% water) and varying degrees of waste in your system, etc...

Most people weigh themselves first thing in the morning before they've eaten and after they've taken care of business.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes completely normal.
    Same time, same conditions every day/week/month (whatever interval or time of day suits you).

For most people first thing in the morning would likely be most consistent.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Weigh first thing in a.m. before drinking and eating if you can.. If not do it consistently at the same time time of day within your normal eating routine.

I never weigh after a day of eating.. or at the end of the day..
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Even though I eat 1200 calories a day, I gain around 3 pounds by the end of the day. So yeah, it's normal!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I can put on an extra kilo or 2 in a few hours from just drinking my cups of tea, and this is with out eating a single thing.
    I'm surprised the scale only went up by 2kg by the end of the day for you, i would have expected more than that..
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You mean you are up 2kg in the day after a whole day of eating? totally normal, all that food undigested is the reason for that. That's why its best to just weigh in first thing/ in the morning.