Weight and ageing? Is my 'high school weight' goal unrealistic?

Options
124»

Replies

• msalicia116
    msalicia116 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Well...this is one of those weird things that I just don't understand I guess...aspiring to look like a teen or be the same size/weight as I was when I was a teen...I'm putting this up there with other things I just don't get...aspiring to thigh gap...aspiring to be X size...even though there's nothing universal about sizing....

No one is saying they want to look like a "teen". Me, like many if not most women, have quit growing when we reached puberty so between the ages of 10-13. So, by the time we're 18, our bodies are quite mature. What is wrong with wanting to maintain a body that is ideal for our height and structure? That has nothing to do with a thigh gap, and it's insulting to put everyone who still hovers around their high school size and weight in that box of "trying to look like a teen". That's ridiculous.
  • heartofplastic
    heartofplastic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's not unrealistic at all - you're 26 not 46! I'm actually the same age and height as you and I'm trying to get back to my college weight. I'm 107 now (started at 112) and trying to get to about 98 lbs. I also thought the same as you when I began - that my metabolism was just too slow now that I'm "aging" and it's impossible to lose weight. There's only one key to losing weight - burn more calories than you take in. So I've been logging in my calories here on MFP every day (I have an allowance of 1200 calories/day) and I've lost 5 lbs in a month. Although now I think I'm eating too little and my metabolism is slowing down because of that, lol. I think you should start with logging your calorie intake and go from there! Message me anytime if you need support xo
  • TheRootofGroot
    TheRootofGroot Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Age can be a limiting factor, but hey, look in the success stories, myself and countless others have achieved the best shape of their lives after their 30s!