Replies

• vnsswsh6
    vnsswsh6 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Vodka and a squirt of cranberry juice <3
  • elkhunter7x6
    elkhunter7x6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like Crown and Coke Zero (98cals) or miller lite (96 cals)
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I think there was nothing wrong with encouraging the OP (and lurkers) to face their social situation sans alcohol. Something I love about MFP is that there are almost always enough voices that every discussion is fleshed out fully. I've been drinking a lot less these last three years because alcohol triggers acid reflux. It took a while to adjust tbh. A bit of alcohol to loosen up in social situations was helpful. But I did ultimately adjust. Now it's no problem at all to skip the alcohol. The good news is that there has been no signs of acid reflux lately so tonight I'm heading to a party and peeked in here for recommendations. I decided to stick with my old fav, rum and Diet Coke.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    MaybeLed wrote: »
    I don't like really sweet drinks, so Gin and tonic with a dash of bitters is good, or a well made martini (higher in kcal but hard to drink quickly). If I'm on a night out I'll often have a G&T followed by a tonic and bitters, then another G&T.

Careful with the tonic - unless it's diet it has as many as regular soda (like Coke or whatever, not soda water, you know what I mean.) Not sure if that an issue for you or if you drink diet, but a lot of people assume because tonic isn't sweet it's low-cal, but unfortunately it's got a ton of sugar to balance the quinine bitterness.

I love tonic but I don't drink it much anymore because it's just not worth the calories for me. I collect craft bitters and use them with soda water though, and it's almost as good.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    A 7&7 diet is usually my GO-TO....or a bloody Mary without the fixings!!
  • suvoth
    suvoth Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I drink scotch, neat
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Diet Everclear? :o

;)
  • shevar
    shevar Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    sjgold123 wrote: »
    I may go for vodka with soda then flavouring. I like a long drink so could not go neat and yep I meant alcohol I don't drink often but i have a ball to go to and i'm celebrating getting into my new dress!!!
  • shevar
    shevar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I prefer vodka (Titos) a lot of diabetics drink this brand and unsweetened tea.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'm really lazy: either 6oz of wine or Skinnygirl margarita mix. Each comes out to about 150 calories, and they both have enough carbs to keep my blood sugar relatively steady (I would be afraid of epicly crashing if I had a spirit + diet soda).
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    150 Delicious Calories

700357csn588.jpg
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    Best option, don't drink alcohol at all. I don't and still enjoy myself.

best option for who?

OP my husband drinks Slemans 2.0 Canadian Beer 5% and only 70 calories.
    However if you are not Canadian and prefer beer go for light beer.
    If you like spirits Vodka with club soda and some "squirt" flavour if you like that
    Wine spritzer as well using diet 7up, diet sprite or sprite zero.

Light American beer? :lol:

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that was you...it was honestly made as a silly joke.

• MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I don't like really sweet drinks, so Gin and tonic with a dash of bitters is good, or a well made martini (higher in kcal but hard to drink quickly). If I'm on a night out I'll often have a G&T followed by a tonic and bitters, then another G&T.

Careful with the tonic - unless it's diet it has as many as regular soda (like Coke or whatever, not soda water, you know what I mean.) Not sure if that an issue for you or if you drink diet, but a lot of people assume because tonic isn't sweet it's low-cal, but unfortunately it's got a ton of sugar to balance the quinine bitterness.

I love tonic but I don't drink it much anymore because it's just not worth the calories for me. I collect craft bitters and use them with soda water though, and it's almost as good.

I do drink sugar, but frankly a proper G&T shouldn't have more than about 100ml tonic. I tend to avoid sweeteners and lots of them give me a headache (not saying they're evil just makes me feel grotty). Fever Tree do amazing tonic waters which are totally worth it!
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Spirits with a diet soda or just water are the best bang for your buck for sure. Rum and diet pepsi with a squeeze of lime is 70cal.
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Freind of mine (avid mountain biker losing weight) switched from beer to gin because of the calorie difference
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

I do drink sugar, but frankly a proper G&T shouldn't have more than about 100ml tonic. I tend to avoid sweeteners and lots of them give me a headache (not saying they're evil just makes me feel grotty). Fever Tree do amazing tonic waters which are totally worth it!

I guess I wasn't clear - I meant that tonic has as many calories as an equivalent amount of soda. Even if you're not using much per drink, having (like you stated) two gin and tonics and an additional glass of just tonic would for sure add up. Too many liquid calories for me personally.

It was more an observation that tonic isn't a low-cal alternative to soda like some people seem to think, but rather pretty much equal to Coke, Sprite, etc., as far as calories are concerned.
  • nefudaboss
    nefudaboss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you have to drink get dry red wine with little carbs and high in potassium, drink water while drinking it so you won't dehydrate and retain water. And fast 16-20hrs the day after as a punishment lmao
    To make up for the fat storage you caused yourself
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I usually go with vodka sodas (as in soda water- selzter or club soda. NOT tonic which has the same cals as soda) with lots of lime- personally, I think the lime makes it very yummy and refreshing! I like wine too, especially if I want something to sip on more slowly.
  • dljones67
    dljones67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My go to is wild turkey 101 with water and lemon then seagram 7, water & lemon. I have drank michelob ultra to change things up. Enjoy