From 388 to 215.. and still going. It's been quite a ride.

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Congrats on such great progress!! Keep it up.
  • hmclaughlan84
    hmclaughlan84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey dude congratulations you have done so well I have just started the same and looking to reach the same goals
  • NewMrsCarlson
    NewMrsCarlson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I see a daniel bryan shirt there....YES! YES! YES! YES! Great job!!!!
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! you look amazing!, thanks for sharing your story
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    209.3 as of this morning. Going to dial back the exercise or start upping my calories. Losing too fast. I've been working out alot more...so going to dial back a bit. I'm actually pretty happy where I'm at. Trying to give myself some cushion as I want to start building some muscle and tone up a bit which I know I will have to eat a bit more and start lifting a little heavier so I expect to put a few lbs back on.
  • launchpadmkquak
    launchpadmkquak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    wow, you're freaking awesome!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    @MalkinMagic71 My height and weight are similar to yours, 5'10" and 206.6 today. I also am aware that I should soon begin to raise my calories to slow the weight loss. What rate of loss are you hoping to achieve at this stage?
  • MalkinMagic71
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Again thank you all for the kind words.

I hit 208.3 this morning.. so down another pound. I dialed back the exercise a good bit this week(one cardio session a day instead of two, and weights worked in on alternating days) and had a weekend where I ate quite a bit more than normal..so happy with still losing that pound.
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    @MalkinMagic71 My height and weight are similar to yours, 5'10" and 206.6 today. I also am aware that I should soon begin to raise my calories to slow the weight loss. What rate of loss are you hoping to achieve at this stage?

Everyone is different. I still set my limit to like 1700 right now. Now I exercise a good bit(an hour of cardio a day plus weights on alternating days). My logging I know is not always 100% exact so the exercise gives me a buffer zone on what I eat(I don't eat back all my exercise calories because i know my polar chest strap HRM probably over estimates a bit). I still have not found the perfect zone yet, but I should be able to easily eat 2000 calories a day when I decide to stop with the exercise that I do on a daily basis. With what I eat now(my diary is open).. I'm never hungry. So I'm still trying to find that sweet spot I guess, but I feel I'm getting closer. I've been slowly raising up my intake to slow my loss down. I'm going to increase to 1800 soon, then 1900 and probably stop between 1900 and 2000 or whatever the magic number seems to be. I'm in a good spot though right now. I feel great. I love working out, and I can still eat what I want just in moderation.

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! Keep up the healthy lifestyle.
  • squiggypeb
    squiggypeb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your journey and all that came with it. Keep up the excellent work! I hope I can be someone's inspiration soon too!
  • Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! What an inspiration for others and thanks for posting B)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    wonderful..you look younger and have your health back.. Nice work!
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    207 this morning.
  • madseasons
    madseasons Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WOWSERS! Way to go! :)
  • Lastyearsgirl
    Lastyearsgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Very inspiring!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Glad you listened to your PCP, I didn't at age 52. My light bulb moment came at age 65, now three years later I have lost 140 (376 to 236) and feel like a new person. Great self improvement story.
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Any loose skin issues? I am concerned about it, but I would rather have that to worry about later when i get this weight off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!