Accurate tdee activity level

Options
Hello guys :)

I have problem with calculating my tdee i dont know which activity level to choose.

My weight is 314.6
Height is 5.6
Age 32
I exercise 2 hrs per week 4-5 days per week
First hour is treadmill + elliptical
Second hr is weight lifting + light swiming

Dont know whats my activity level in tdee :(

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What do you do for work? Activity is daily movement outside of exercise.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You won't get an accurate figure but you don't need one. Starting over 300 lbs you can pick a calorie intake of say 2000 and try that then adjust accordingly.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Which TDEE calculator are you using?
    You do realise that MyFitnessPal isn't a TDEE calculator I hope?

But I agree with @yarwell - don't make a long process more complicated than it needs to be.

With where you are now you can simply pick a sensible eating level that you find sustainable and go from there.
  • sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Activity levels i see are sedentary - light - moderate - very active and so on.

I wish to know how much calories i need to burn to lose a certain amount
  • joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Put in sedentary. See how that works out for you. If you start to lose weight too quickly change it to light. There is no exact science.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    If you are using the MFP goals then it is activity level excluding purposeful exercise. You log exercise separately.

If you are using an external calculator then it takes into account your exercise and you don't log it additionally.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    sabrekism wrote: »
    Activity levels i see are sedentary - light - moderate - very active and so on.

I wish to know how much calories i need to burn to lose a certain amount

I'm guessing you aren't understanding MFP activity settings or how MFP accounts for exercise separately as you mention exercise but haven't mentioned what MFP activity setting are actually based on - your lifestyle and job. NOT exercise.

I do a huge amount of exercise (100 miles a week cycling plus weights x3 / week) but my activity setting would still be basically sedentary as I work at a desk.