MACROS - Carbs, Protein or Fat?

Options
Hello, I'm Claire I'm fairly new to this app but I like tracking using the recommended macro function on here. However I have read people eat low carb days etc? What food type should I be do using on? Should I be eating mostly protein? I'm not sure! Thanks for your help!

Replies

• inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I follow low carb high, fat. So I try and keep carbs to a minimum and load up on protein and healthy fats
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    It all depends on personal preference. I eat high protein, low-ish carb. What's most important is that it's sustainable for YOU. Carbs make me hungry, so most of my carbs come from veggies. Many people will tell you they wouldn't be able to (or just choose not to) cut out sweets or chips. Calorie deficit dictates weight loss. How you get your calories is up to you. If you're new to restricting calories, I'd focus first on that number and that number only. Good luck!
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mine is currently set to 20% carbs, 30% protein and 50% fat. So Low Carb High Fat. But that's just for satiety reasons as an experiment, for now.

Low carb is mostly butter, oils, some nuts, low carb veggies, protein (eggs meats and fish with fat on), cheese, avocado, and so on.

No bread, pasta, rice, sweets, potatoes or tubers, or fruits (perhaps in limited amounts when you do liberate low carb, 85-100g a day like me, berries are quite low carb).

I'll quote a website I was reading the other night, "when it doubt, just add butter". :lol:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    No-one knows anything about you, how active you are, what your goals are, what kinds of foods you like, how you are eating now, how you ended up gaining weight......

Every style of eating is represented on here!

Do wonder why you are trying to make this more complex than it needs to be. Does your overall diet and food choices need "fixing" or are you simply eating too much and moving too little?

Whatever you choose has to be sustainable otherwise you will end up in a cycle of weight loss and weight gain.

Suggest you have a look at these threads.....
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest://