Scales Help

Options
So i have a cheapy set of dial scales iv used for years ans my weight has been consistent over time! I thought with my new workout routine etc it was time to upgrade so went to the supermarket and bought some didtal ones.. when i got home they put 8lbs on me!!! I was devastated!! I have them packed up for return and put it down to cheap supermarket products! So today I went to a store and bought a branded (salter) set with body fat, water bmi percentages etc.. all singing all dancing and pricey. When i got home I weighted myself and they have put 4lb on me.

So i guess the question is whats going on, how much do i weigh and is it normal for a digital scale to read higher than a dial scale or am I just heavier than i had origionallh thought!?

Soo deflating working out and trying to be so much healthier and then realising u havnt lost and ur likely even heavier!!

Replies

• jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It truly is about the trend rather than the #...I always weigh 3 lbs higher on the Dr.'s scale. That said, no scale is going to be entirely precise. The scale I use at home is the one I always step on, so that's the # that I go with...as long as you are losing on either scale (whether it puts you at +4 or +8), a trend downward is still a loss. So stick with it, accept it as your true weight, and watch for a downward trend.

On a side note, there ARE ways to help minimize this huge difference: I always weigh right after I wake, after using the restroom, prior to drinking water, and stark naked before I jump in the shower...this does help because I fluctuate 3-4 pounds throughout the day based on how much water I've drank.