20 lbs to lose

Options
Hi everyone! I am looking to lose 20 lbs before Christmas and could use some MFP friends for motivational support. I would love if you can add me as a friend to help me on my journey.

Replies

• RosemaryBronte
    RosemaryBronte Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Instead of losing kilos I suggest that you try to gain healthy habits to last the rest of your life. I have taught myself to eat just 15 or 20 grams of chocolate per day. What a change from my whole block binges! I now love crisp red and green apples, golden oranges, and sweet little grapes. I had a heavy fatty meal the other day and felt yuk because I've learned to love lighter meals. I love doing my exercises while i watch TV in the morning. When people bring in cakes etc to work I quietly take a photo and text it to my daughter saying "this is what I'm not eating today" and she texts back "you're a legend Mum" I now have a reputation at work as the person who can say no to junk food. Slowly and in an uneven way the weight is coming off. I'm now in my 2nd year and I've almost lost 10 kilos ( 20 Ibs) but more importantly I'm not doing my old thing of going crazy and putting all the weight back on which is what happened every time I used a calorie restricted diet. The 2 attitudes you most need are patience and persistence because you will make unhealthy mistakes and an important habit is to not use that as a reason to give up. I believe that if you try to lose weight fast you'll lose 10 pounds by September and then you'll feel desperately instinctively hungry and you'll gain all the weight plus much more. So if you commit to looking after your health and going slowly you'll have established habits by Christmas that can have you losing for the rest of your life. What a Christmas present!
  • jbrady574
    jbrady574 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm losing weight but after I eat or drink anything I bloat in tummy what could cause that anyone help
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Looking to 'lose' 20 lbs as well but trying to do it with weight training. So I'm looking at both scale and inches. Add me if you like.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • p3ciachops
    p3ciachops Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    lovelygem7 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I am looking to lose 20 lbs before Christmas and could use some MFP friends for motivational support. I would love if you can add me as a friend to help me on my journey.

I'm trying to lose 20 lbs as well for my first set. Big goal is 50. I've lost 10 lbs and that was easy but now I keep falling off the wagon. I weigh myself every Friday morning. Add me I need more people to push me. I'll push if you push lol.
  • cambas84
    cambas84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm looking to lose 20lbs as well. I have being exercising four days a week since February 2016 and the weight loss is not that much maybe 10-15 lbs. I would like to lose 20 lbs but sometimes I lack the motivation sometimes to eat healthy. Would love friends that will help
  • kad254
    kad254 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds as well, with about 15 more to go. I'm also training for a half marathon, which I'm hoping will make it easier, since I love to eat and eat quite a bit. Feel free to add me, I need more MFP friends for support!
  • sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You can add me. My overall goal is 40 pounds, working toward me first 15 (again). From 9/2015 to 2/2016 I lost 15, but put on 8 pounds recently after having health issues. Now I am back on track--got the first 3 of the 8 back off...15 pounds on me is a good two pant sizes---so looking forward to new clothes soon.
    How do you "add people", I can't seem to figure it out.