Beginning workout, again

Options
I'm starting over again myself. I'm 54 and need to loose 75lbs. Just need encouragement as well. Just joined a gym myself to force me to help with the motivation. Also saw a Dietician at the local hospital to get on track. Good luck to all in our lifestyle changes.

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    A couple points first of all good luck in your journey.
    As far as motivation that has to come from within. No onr or no force can motivate you. My suggestion is you have to find a why. That why has to be totally selfish. It can't be for your significant other it can't be for the kids it has to totally be for you. With that selfish why all your other whys will take care of themselves. Most importantly realize your worth it.

Here comes the easy part and this is the tough part to believe. once you find that why, to lose the weight is actually simple. Just plug your stats into the mfp calculator and eat less calories than your body Burns. Unless you have medical restrictions you don't have to give up anything. I still enjoy the occasional Wendy's hamburger, slice or two of a pizza or a couple beers on the beach.

Don't look at this is a diet look at this as a lifestyle change . by looking this as a lifestyle change you will succeed. Good luck
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I started at age 59 and have lost 144 in 2 years. At our age, we know how to commit to a goal & see it through.