What are the excuses you've made to not get back in shape?

Options
I think I have come up with a million excuses over the years which contributed to my self sabotage.
Number one: I DON'T HAVE TIME TO EXERCISE. ...
Nnumber two: PLANNING & PREPPING MEALS IS TOO MUCH WORK

What are your excuses and how have you overcome them?

Replies

• TheElectricLaura
    TheElectricLaura Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't have time is a huge one, but mine is more 'I don't feel well' as I have a couple of health conditions. But they never used to stop me so it's definitely an excuse! 'I'm sad/it's been a crazy day/I deserve something nice/It's Friday' - as you can see, I'm the master of justifications!!
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Number one I love tacos
  • satnavsaysstraighton
    Options
    A bad back, but ironically losing weight will help reduce the pain I'm in from the bad back.
    The only good news is that I'm stubborn, more so than my newly acquired bad back knows yet and I want my old life back!
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My number 1 excuse was not getting enough sleep/being too tired. I still am tired pretty much always, but I get a better quality of sleep when I do sleep. Also, the stress is gone after I work out and I feel 100 times better.
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I don't have time is a huge one, but mine is more 'I don't feel well' as I have a couple of health conditions. But they never used to stop me so it's definitely an excuse! 'I'm sad/it's been a crazy day/I deserve something nice/It's Friday' - as you can see, I'm the master of justifications!!

Yup!!! Used all of those too
  • kmahent
    kmahent Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The number 1 excuse I have been telling myself is that I'm pushing myself too hard. I need to a break.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Fear of the gym and gym intimidation.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Im just going to have another baby and get fat again....I should just wait until Im done having kids.
  • James4784
    James4784 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My number one excuse is 'it's ok I'll eat properly tomorrow!' Whether its because I didn't plan my food properly or end up eating out with family/friends.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I don't want to.
    I don't want to sweat.
    I don't want anyone to make fun of me.
  • joslinsimons
    joslinsimons Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can't do it.
    I've been this way my whole life so there's no point.
    I love icecream.
    I don't want people to treat me different.
  • trinabot19
    trinabot19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    "ill eat better/exercise tomorrow so its ok" "no one really cares what I look like anyways so why bother" ...I just take moment to remember why I want to get back into shape and to keep trying even if I mess up some days : )
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,873 Member
    Options
    For just a little while, I used the perimenopause excuse. Then I realised that was no excuse, and lost the weight.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Everyone and everything thing else needs to be sorted before I can even think about excercising! Even the washing up looks to unsightly, I'll just do that first.. I've started adding exercise to my 'to do' list...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    No excuse here. Just didn't want to bother.
  • fitnessdogs
    fitnessdogs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If I don't have sugar pastries and a coffee I can't go to work or do anything. I have to go to a xoffeeshop to have any fun during the next several days.