Exercise and fitness friends who aren't on starvation diets

Options
janjunie
janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
Hi everyone! Looking to meet others who make exercise and fitness a part if their daily routine and don't continually net under 1200 calories/day, no crash dieters.

I try to and usually do work out everyday. I find myself drawn to cardio, but do pick up a barbell every now and then. I'm maintaining my weight for the summer, but thinking of possibly doing a bulk and cut cycle....trying to work up the nerve to go through with it. Anyways I need friends who enjoy exercising as part of their lifestyle, not just some temporary thing.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well, I usually eat around 2000 calories a day (um... as an average over a week. Some days more, some less), and have been doing this for more than 3 years.... Have lost more than 70 pounds and kept it off for the last 2 years... Am a runner and cyclist... mostly so I can have cookies and beer. I don't work out every day, though. Just when I want a cookie. :wink: Kidding.

I hope you find what you're looking for.
  • jayele72
    jayele72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere between 1500-2000 calories/day but eat using a raw vegan(ish) breakfast and lunch then a more relaxed dinner. I bike quite a bit and have lost about 55 pounds.

The point of this for me is fitness and not weight loss. I actually just bought a scale that reads out weight, body fat %, muscle mass, water %, and pulse wave velocity. My intent here is to gage overall fitness and not weight.

From a MFP standpoint this is accomplished by food quality.

If this speaks to you, please add me :)
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I eat 1,200 cals a day, but not crash dieting in the slightest, I intend to make this change indefinately
    According to this app though when I switch to maintain my weight, my calories will go up

Anyway, feel free to add me if you like (anyone can) x
  • TheRootofGroot
    TheRootofGroot Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've definitely incorporated fitness as a major part of my life and I don't think anyone would accuse me of starving myself.

Currently working my way up to 3000 calories after my cut, and had cut between 2800 and 2500 calories.

Like the person above, I'm not that interested in my weight so much as my body composition and at my fitness center I do monthly check-ups on an InBody machine that does just that and lets me know if my dietary choices and workout plans are on par.
  • janjunie
    Options
    I'll adding all of you. I'm more into fitness as part of my lifestyle and a tool to keep me healthy as I get older ( I know I'm not old now). It's have found people on here who do not net more than 1200 calories a day and workout like crazy, they burn out and then complain, I can't relate with these people, so I need some MFP friends who really understand fitness and fueling it.
  • jester13
    jester13 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Cutting now for a show. 2300 calories a day. Mentally having some trouble with it. Second cut this year. I love the sport and fitness and the work outs.
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Fitness is definitely a lifestyle thing for me. Its one of the few ways I can express myself. I'm currently engaged with some calisthenics. I wanna shock my body with new movements the gym can't provide. It's working like a charm. As far as nutrition goes.. Lets just say I'm a foodie. I kinda see myself as a scientist who's constantly experimenting with new ways to yield better results. I love it.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I eat 18-1900 cals a day, more if I exercise, want to do this the slow and steady way (losing 1lb per 1-2 weeks, sometimes maintaining for a week) so I can continue to nurse my son. And I want to establish a healthy active life with my son so I walk or run most days pushing my jogging stroller.

I don't update my status much but I log everything (good and bad), weigh in almost every day and log my 'new lowest' weight whenever I reach it.

The only time I've gone under 1500 cals is when I had the stomach flu and my guts were churning too much to eat lol.
  • Fiqahana
    Fiqahana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly getting into including workouts into my daily life, I eat around 1500-2000 calories everyday and trying to maintain it under my calorie goal, the given calorie goal usually don't cut it, so I sometimes just do more workouts so I can sneak some more food into my day but still be able to stay under my calorie goal lol. I'm gonna try to add more workouts everyday and build my stamina. I also wanna do this to lose weight faster. Plus, it feels great to be active everyday. I'm also more of a cardio person, at least for now. So like I said, my goal for now is to do workouts everyday and make it a daily habit. Hope we all will be successful with out goals! :#

Anyway, to anyone out there, if you ever need a friend to accompany you through this journey to a happier and healthier life, motivate you to reach for you goals, support you through ups and downs, I'm always here to be that friend, so feel free to add me! I hope we all will succeed in this journey, until the end! Have a nice day everyone! :)
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Back at mfp and scheduling every single morning around my workout. Eating back most of my exercise calories, but not all of them. Feel free to add me - I'm here every day
  • keenaco02
    keenaco02 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    jayele72 wrote: »
    I eat anywhere between 1500-2000 calories/day but eat using a raw vegan(ish) breakfast and lunch then a more relaxed dinner. I bike quite a bit and have lost about 55 pounds.

The point of this for me is fitness and not weight loss. I actually just bought a scale that reads out weight, body fat %, muscle mass, water %, and pulse wave velocity. My intent here is to gage overall fitness and not weight.

From a MFP standpoint this is accomplished by food quality.

If this speaks to you, please add me :)

What brand scale is that???
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Ate 1800 yesterday--these dang amazing cookies that after I ate a few I looked at the nutritional info and they were 200 cal apiece! Someone brought them for a potluck. While half my daily count is not normally consisting of yummy vegan cookies, I'm in maintenance and work out every day. Yoga most days, cardio some, and heavy lifting one day a week. Right now, actually. I read the boards when I'm resting in between sets. :smiley:

Have a 925 day streak going on here. Add me! :blush:
  • janjunie
    Options
    Adding all of you guys, thanks for the support. When I first posted this I was a little worried, no response and it kept getting pushed down to the bottom...and then to the second page. Really glad to have like minded people, hope we can inspire each other with different workouts and exercises.

Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Ate 1800 yesterday--these dang amazing cookies that after I ate a few I looked at the nutritional info and they were 200 cal apiece! Someone brought them for a potluck. While half my daily count is not normally consisting of yummy vegan cookies, I'm in maintenance and work out every day. Yoga most days, cardio some, and heavy lifting one day a week. Right now, actually. I read the boards when I'm resting in between sets. :smiley:

Have a 925 day streak going on here. Add me! :blush:

Oooh yum, I had some delicious vegan cookies yesterday too, so good and worth every bite :)