What's your occupation?

Options
lisahebert186
lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
Please tell me there is a least one other claims adjuster in here. Today has been hell. I need someone who can understand my mental pain. Lol

Replies

• Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Sorry, housekeeper.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm a full time papa bear. Soon to be training physio.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i used to deal with medical claims but i don't think that's the same as what you do. sorry you had a crap day, hope monday is better!
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    Thanks. I deal with auto claims for large commercial vehicles. 18 wheelers and such.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks. I deal with auto claims for large commercial vehicles. 18 wheelers and such.

Scenario: Car had three screaming kids, a nagging wife, and a nearly nagged to death husband in the car. He slams on the brakes to *kitten* slap the nagging wife at which point a semi (18 wheeler so to speak) hit him from behind. Truck driver was running on 16 wheels (for whatever reason) 12 of which were bald and a lot lizard in the passenger seat (okay half in the passenger seat and half in the driver seat).

Who's at fault?
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I work in Talent Acquisition for the nation's 2nd largest financial services company. Ooooooooh. Thrilling!! But seriously, if you need a job in finance, I may be your girl.

I'm sorry about your cruddy day :(
  • suvoth
    suvoth Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I work from home making hotel bookings :) Best thing I could have ever done..that started my weightloss as i wasn't tempted to go out to lunch with friends or at local restaurants and I don't have a vending machine at home lol
  • wkelleyconstruction
    wkelleyconstruction Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am a custom Home Builder.....I also make high end custom pool & billiard cues
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hulk/Actor/Scientist
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    Full time school nurse - on vacation :)
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Scenario: Car had three screaming kids, a nagging wife, and a nearly nagged to death husband in the car. He slams on the brakes to *kitten* slap the nagging wife at which point a semi (18 wheeler so to speak) hit him from behind. Truck driver was running on 16 wheels (for whatever reason) 12 of which were bald and a lot lizard in the passenger seat (okay half in the passenger seat and half in the driver seat).

Who's at fault?

I would say both, but I'm almost 100% Sure the police report would say the truck driver for following too close and unsafe driving. If the husband wasctruthful in his statement and depending on what state this happened in, I would try and resolve paying 50% damages. As long as there are no injuries reported. Injuries being reported changes the game dramatically.
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm a broker, i've worked in claims before, property and liability, i try to stay away from claims where i can!
  • lisahebert186
    Options
    I'm a broker, i've worked in claims before, property and liability, i try to stay away from claims where i can!

I don't blame you at all.
  • kledmons
    kledmons Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    PICU RN... Sorry you're having a rough day.
  • SaliDale
    SaliDale Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Farmer. Tree fruits, melons and vegetables.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Temporarily retired and loving it, except the no income part. For what it's worth, everyone has crappy days, even those that truly love their jobs. Hang in there!