Losing the pregnancy weight!

Options
xmarye
xmarye Posts: 385 Member
Hi everybody, my name is Marie and I'm 23 years old. I have a 2 years old daughter and I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant with baby boy. I was in my best shape before I got pregnant the first time, running and lifting weights at 130lbs. I gained 65lbs while pregnant with my DD and lost 45lbs. Then I got pregnant again with my DS and gained 40lbs, so far! I'm pretty pleased since I didn't gain as much weight as the first time, and also because I've been through this before and I feel like the second time around I know more what to expect and how to bounce back.

I am not currently logging anything, as I don't want to restrict myself until my baby is born, nor do I exercise since I don't want to accidentally induce labor before its time! I am simply preparing my come back, trying to make friends and seeking inspiration until I can finally start this exciting journey once again!

I would like to meet some young moms trying to lose the pregnancy weight so that we can do it together en encourage eachother along the way :)

Replies

• MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    hi chick, there is a post (I will try and find it and link for you) that is ALL mums with children/babies of different ages.

I myself am 30, mummy to 5 mini beasts (8years old, 7years old, 4years old, 3 years old and almost 8 months old) still trying to shift the baby weight from my eldest let alone my youngest

37weeks! you must be getting very excited now, could be any time. hope it all goes well x
  • xmarye
    Options
    mbaby86 wrote: »
    hi chick, there is a post (I will try and find it and link for you) that is ALL mums with children/babies of different ages.

I myself am 30, mummy to 5 mini beasts (8years old, 7years old, 4years old, 3 years old and almost 8 months old) still trying to shift the baby weight from my eldest let alone my youngest

37weeks! you must be getting very excited now, could be any time. hope it all goes well x

Thanks for the reply! Just sent you a FR! :)
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »
    Hi everybody, my name is Marie and I'm 23 years old. I have a 2 years old daughter and I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant with baby boy. I was in my best shape before I got pregnant the first time, running and lifting weights at 130lbs. I gained 65lbs while pregnant with my DD and lost 45lbs. Then I got pregnant again with my DS and gained 40lbs, so far! I'm pretty pleased since I didn't gain as much weight as the first time, and also because I've been through this before and I feel like the second time around I know more what to expect and how to bounce back.

I am not currently logging anything, as I don't want to restrict myself until my baby is born, nor do I exercise since I don't want to accidentally induce labor before its time! I am simply preparing my come back, trying to make friends and seeking inspiration until I can finally start this exciting journey once again!

I would like to meet some young moms trying to lose the pregnancy weight so that we can do it together en encourage eachother along the way :)

If you don't have a specific medical concern, you should be able to exercise while pregnant. I did a lot of walking during my last pregnancy. But, of course, follow your doctor's advice.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    at 37 weeks she probably just want to get some rest lol

although walking is great preparation for labour and giving birth x
  • xmarye
    Options

If you don't have a specific medical concern, you should be able to exercise while pregnant. I did a lot of walking during my last pregnancy. But, of course, follow your doctor's advice.

I've had high risk pregnancies, and I'm not taking walks as per my doctors request! I really crave going for a walk!
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I've had high risk pregnancies, and I'm not taking walks as per my doctors request! I really crave going for a walk!
    Ah! Be careful, and good luck then! :)
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    How's it all going? There's a group of mums losing baby weight here too http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113945-fit-fabulous-postpartum