Salad

Options
sbtripp
sbtripp Posts: 44 Member
If you enter a tossed salad, what is included in the toss? I find some things not real clear. I had lettuce, tomato, carrots, onion, strawberries, cantaloupe. I assume the strawberries and cantaloupe are to be entered separately.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Enter each item separately. You can't guarantee that a tossed salad in the database is exactly like yours.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have a general recipe entered......lettuce, carrots, celery, cucumber & tomato. All fairly low calorie stuff. I pick that salad recipe for lunch. Then I add higher calorie stuff separate......cheese, chicken, nuts, strawberries, dressing, etc.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yes. What malibu927 said. B) Which reminds me -- I have a new fennel bulb in the 'fridge. I need some fennel!

I enter each item separately because I don't care for lettuce that much, and most salads in the database assume we use quite a bit of lettuce.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    "toss salad" in the database is just some generic entry made by some user...you have no idea what's in it...this is why you enter YOUR items separately.

When I logged I just built a little salad recipe in the recipe builder and used that...it wasn't 100% accurate because sometimes I'd have X veg instead of Y...but it was close enough given the actual salad itself wasn't that calorie dense and those little changes would be pretty immaterial...I would add any additional ingredients such as fruit or nuts and the dressing.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I also enter each item separately.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Tossed salad can mean anything and thus means nothing. Enter what YOU toss.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    sbtripp wrote: »
    If you enter a tossed salad, what is included in the toss? I find some things not real clear. I had lettuce, tomato, carrots, onion, strawberries, cantaloupe. I assume the strawberries and cantaloupe are to be entered separately.

Enter these things all separately in the amounts that you added. Don't use junk entries from the database unless you have no other choice.
  • weali
    weali Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For both salads and smoothies I've made them their own separate categories since I change the ingredients so frequently based on what I have on hand. Plus, this keeps me from the 'OMG look how much I ate that mealholycowIcantblahblah' anxiety/spastic thoughts