Same weight...

Options
I'm trying to lose the last few pounds as well as toning up... I was 15 stone and got to 10 stone without
this app, but I'm really finding it difficult to get past the last hurdle!

Any tips or advice about what to do for this matter so I can smash my weight goal of 9 stone 4 pounds?

Replies

• Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    What sort of exercise are you currently doing?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    MFP gave you 1500 calories to eat to loose weight? You eat less than 1200 calories a day (I saw 700 and 900 a couple of time). Is there a reason you trying to create a much larger deficit?

Smashing your weight is certainly what you are doing by eating too little. This is an aggressive way to loose weight. At this pace you will loose a lot muscle along side the fat you wanting to loose.

You are a very young lady and it would seem you have all the time in the world to loose weight in a healthy and non agressive manner. Look out for side affects that may cause you to be out of energy balance like being, tired, exhausted, brain fog, weakness, you may even stall out for a while in your weight loss due to what I call the body fighting back what you are trying to do to it, etc. I have no advice but to say be careful.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    MFP gave you 1500 calories to eat to loose weight? You eat less than 1200 calories a day (I saw 700 and 900 a couple of time). Is there a reason you trying to create a much larger deficit?

Smashing your weight is certainly what you are doing by eating too little. This is an aggressive way to loose weight. At this pace you will loose a lot muscle along side the fat you wanting to loose.
    Not to mention a very unhealthy and taxing on the body way to go about it. You're hardly giving your body enough energy/nutrients to function let alone recovery from exercise. You're significantly hindering you're results by giving you're body too little nutrition to actually properly metabolize fat cells. Up your calories, feel better, and simply exercise a bit more of you're not seeing results. Which should be around 1 pound lost per week.

• raachel627
    raachel627 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I'm going to up my calorie intake so that I'm nearer to 1500, I didn't realise that it would have such an affect, I normally eat the usual everyday and I guess I've gotten so used to it that It fills me.

But il increase and up my fitness, I usually go to the gym 5 days per week, in and outside work and spend anything from 45 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes.
    I really like spinning so I do that often, a little cross fit and running. But I am doing weights now, I don't have alot of strength in my upper body so I'm trying to change that.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Why is your goal a specific weight goal? I'm not saying it shouldn't be but just wondering. I initially set myself a weight goal but now prefer to focus on fitness, strength and BF% because I think the weight goal is actually pretty irrelevant.