you know you work too much when...(add to the list!)

Options
lenoresdream
lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
edited July 2016 in Chit-Chat
i'll start:

-you dial 9 to get an outside line...from your house phone/cell phone.

-you answer the house phone/your cell phone with your work phone answering greeting

-you enter your work username and password into your home computer and are confused when it says it's incorrect and won't let you log in.

-you keep attempting this username and password and get angry at your computer and it takes a few minutes to catch on and by then you've nearly forgotten your home computer login

((i've done all 3 today alone lol))

Replies

• SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    When you automatically leave your work phone number on an answering message, instead of your home phone number.
  • lenoresdream
    Options
    When you automatically leave your work phone number on an answering message, instead of your home phone number.

i've done similar. people will ask me for my number and i start rattling off my work number lol.
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I don't really have one for this, because I don't work every day. I would like to..

But if this counts.. You know you drive a stick-shift when you get in an automatic car and press for the clutch, bringing the car to a sudden stop.
  • lenoresdream
    Options
    tmi_gang wrote: »
    I don't really have one for this, because I don't work every day. I would like to..

But if this counts.. You know you drive a stick-shift when you get in an automatic car and press for the clutch, bringing the car to a sudden stop.

my dad used to drive a stick and he's always reach for the missing shifter and be like "what the-oh wait."

also, he drives a pick up where the gear shift is on the steering wheel. when he drives any car that has the gear shift on the floor next to the seat he forgets and keeps blindly reaching around near the steering wheel.
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options

my dad used to drive a stick and he's always reach for the missing shifter and be like "what the-oh wait."

also, he drives a pick up where the gear shift is on the steering wheel. when he drives any car that has the gear shift on the floor next to the seat he forgets and keeps blindly reaching around near the steering wheel.

lol.
    I always scare the *kitten* out of my friends when I do it, because I hit the break. I'm lucky I haven't busted anyones nose. That'll teach 'em to wear their dog-gone seatbelts, sonny.
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    When your hubby gets a mug made with your daughter's picture on it in case you forget what she looks like.
  • asirna490
    asirna490 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When you try to open your classroom door with your house keys and vice versa!
  • lenoresdream
    Options
    asirna490 wrote: »
    When you try to open your classroom door with your house keys and vice versa!

lol! i know this doesn't count as the same but once i was working so much overtime i was pretty dead on my feet. i walked up the front door of my house and i pressed the "unlock" button on my car's keyfob.

i actually got really mad when it didn't open, though. like pissed off. i was like "come on you stupid fuc-oh wait a minute. oh my god."
  • lenoresdream
    Options

lol.
    I always scare the *kitten* out of my friends when I do it, because I hit the break. I'm lucky I haven't busted anyones nose. That'll teach 'em to wear their dog-gone seatbelts, sonny.

*note to self, never ride in the same car as this guy* ;)
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    When you find yourself saying "be right there" over and over to your kids because you're feverishly trying to finish typing an email in your cell phone.