What's your biggest frustration?

Options
Too much info and don't know where to start? Not enough time? Not seeing results despite doing everything "right"?

For me, it was feeling like I was putting in all the effort and still not seeing results. And thinking that I'm that gal one who's different from all my friends who has to go to the gym just to eat what I want.

What about you?

Replies

• Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    For me, it's having my metabolism slowed by medication plus taking medication that is an appetite stimulant and not giving up when I see no change/positive results. It would be easier to give up than push myself forward! *sigh*
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I've been fat. Now I'm at a healthy weight.
    My biggest frustration THEN: I only like what's bad for me, and I hate what I know I should be eating!
    NOW: There are so many fruits and vegetables, I love them all, and I'm just a tiny woman!
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Hormonal weight gain every month.

I agree. Hormonal weight gain and hormonal munchies.
  • sugarfoot10
    sugarfoot10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Trying to eat right when I am at home because I do not cook most of the meals during the week because my husband and I live w/my dad & stepmom.. Eating healthy is a BIG Challenge and staying w/in the calories allotted. But then again is my calorie intake correct for what I am trying to lose?
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    When it's around the time of my period! The week before I don't lose weight/gain weight and the week during I don't lose weight either. It's so annoying when the scale doesn't budge for 1-2 weeks and I know it's outside of my control. Especially because it's every month. I hate putting in all this effort and I don't see results :(
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    The lack of results. In the past I'd go for 1-3 months of being good but I still always seemed to gain weight. Part of it was that for the 1st time I actually had muscle mass, including definition in my arms but I wasn't seeing belly fat loss or a drop in clothes size. Something would throw me off track & I never managed to right the ship quickly. This time I at least feel more invested.
  • motivatekait
    motivatekait Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My biggest frustration is probably just the reaction/confusion from other people. When I eat my food, people always feel the need to get defensive about their own as if I'm attacking them personally, even though I intentionally avoid bringing up my program unless asked about it.
  • Michie112g
    Michie112g Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am so fustrated !! I have been good with my calorie intake and been exercising .... I feel positive and happy but once I step on the scale it all go to crap. I get discouraged but not today I am going to push through the it and not give up. At some point the scale has to move, right ?
  • piggy6989
    piggy6989 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When family and friends come round I totally give up the calories counting and eat crap. I need to get some will power
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    My fasting blood sugar has gone up despite losing 25 pound this year, reducing carbs, and walking 2+ miles a day.
  • Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My biggest frustration has been the last 4 days. I've come down with a summer cold, and I feel awful. I was averaging 14,000 steps, and now I barely get in 5000. To top it off, my TOM arrived, so I really feel uncomfortable. I'm a RN, and I have the next 4 days off, so my couch and I will be close.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing is knowing it's going to take a long time to lose the weight.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    My biggest frustration started when I got smaller and leaner. The pounds just...don't come off. I work for months to lose a pound or two. Meanwhile, there are a lot of changes going on in my body, but they are hard to see in the moment. (Looking back on progress pics I am shocked).

Also, dealing with puffiness/weight gain from hormones and my cycle is very frustrating. I work so hard and feel like I only look lean or can only get a good scale reading for 1 week out of the month. The rest is a roller coaster.

I'm also sensitive to carbs. I keep them in check on a daily basis but if I overdo it at a special event I will bloat up like a balloon and stay like that for days. No exaggeration. After indulging in some bread at a dinner party I had to take off my rings and my flats were too tight on my feet.