Protein Bars

Options
2»

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Kiri, I had the chocolate covered strawberry think thin bar. The first bite was okay, but there was this absolutely awful aftertaste. I have 2 other bars that need to be eaten, but afraid they'll be just as gross.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Kiri, I had the chocolate covered strawberry think thin bar. The first bite was okay, but there was this absolutely awful aftertaste. I have 2 other bars that need to be eaten, be afraid they'll be just as gross.

Thanks! Good to know, I will def stay away from that then... :) I don't think I have seen the Strawberry one at the Trader Joe's or Whole Foods in town here otherwise I would have probably grabbed that one first...I LOVE STRAWBERRY! Good thing, right?! Yuck!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    What ones have you had that were alright? I have a white chocolate one and a chocolate one. Are either of those any good?

EDIT: I just tried the white chocolate chip one, and it actually tastes good compared to the chocolate covered strawberry. The CCS one was vile (sad, cuz I love chocolate covered strawberries)
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What ones have you had that were alright? I have a white chocolate one and a chocolate one. Are either of those any good?

I like the White Chocolate Chip (a little on the sweet side) and then the Creamy Peanut Butter. I just googled the Strawberry one. It looks like that one is a dessert bar and not a Protein bar...maybe that is why it tasted bad? I didn't look at the nutritional info or anything. Hmmm... The White Chocolate Chip is a little sweet for me. I used to be a huge sweet tooth, but since I have detoxed I have a hard time eating anything that has a surge of sweetness to it (sounds silly, I know)...
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Ditto on Pure protein bars, they have a better protein/carb ratio and low sugar than any I have found. and they dont taste too bad either!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Oh, also wanted to suggest Dr's Carbrite Bars. They're tasty, too :)
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    I like Lara Bars.....recommended by my holistic nutritionist....no sugar added...however sweet from dates and they have very few ingredients. However she recommends in moderation. As a treat only!
  • MissyMorganFit
    Options
    You know what I am going to say ; ) The Beachbody Protein Bars are so YUMMY & the best all around that I have tried in all my years of training. Chocolate Peanut Butter is my fave! I do like the Luna bars as well, however, the most important factor to watch for is sugar content....especially when trying to lose weight or shed fat. Some bars are ridiculous in the amount of sugar they contain. So watch out.