Help me?

Options
Hello! I've had an account on here for quite some time, but this is my first time posting! So, I aspire to be a model, and am trying to book my first shoot. (Yey!!!) But, I need to lose some weight, and get in shape! I am 5'2", 112 pounds. My measurements are: Bust-35 Waist-26 Hips-35... So, can anyone recommend meal plans, good exercise routines, and help keep me motivated? Thanks! :D

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I don't think your weight is the issue. I'm 5'2 and I'd die to be 112. What you probably want is toning/definition to get rid of inches. For that you could do something like the 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30.
  • jamuk2012
    jamuk2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If your photoshoot is soon I would recommend an intense cardio and toning program. If its longer, you should stretch it out a bit to avoid injury.
    Here's what I would recommend:
    Short term - HIIT (High intensity interval training). Try 1min 30 seconds moderate walking then 30 seconds sprint. Do this for 20 mins. For the toning try to do body weight exercises.
    Long term: work out at least 3 times a work, ideally 4. Stick to a routine.
    If you try something for 30 days you will see a difference, but don't expect to change overnight, it's a process not a miracle.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The only thing you can really do is eat a moderate calorie deficit and exercise (mostly weight training as this will help with muscle retention and it will do recomposition). If you workout for an hour a day for 6 days a week, i would suggest around 1600-1700 calories and setting macro's around 35% carbs, 35% protein and 25% fats. I would also weight train 4 days a week and do 2 days a HIIT. There is an issue you might face since you are already at the low end of your weight. Since you don't weight much,it means you also don't have much lean body mass (muscle, tissue, bone density, etc) so it might be difficult to get a lot of definition. If this is the case, you will have to do a bulk phase to gain another 5-10 lbs of muscle to start. That would require a surplus of calories and some good weight training. When I talk bulk, I am not talking muscle head or body builder. YOu are a woman, so you won't get that way. I attached staci's profile just so you can see what a 10 lb gain could look like or even a 20 lb gain. She is 5'4, eats 3000-4000 calories a day and is a power lifter.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/