What should be my ideal weight?

Options
I am 21. I weigh 143ish, and I am 5 feet and 2.5 inches. Now I know what my BMI says and what range of weight I should be in, but what is a healthy weight?

I am curvaceous, and don't want to lose that. I have never been less that 115 since I turned 16. What is realistic?

I realize that I need to lose weight and had expected to need to lose about 15-20lbs... but should it be more?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am 21. I weigh 143ish, and I am 5 feet and 2.5 inches. Now I know what my BMI says and what range of weight I should be in, but what is a healthy weight?

I am curvaceous, and don't want to lose that. I have never been less that 115 since I turned 16. What is realistic?

I realize that I need to lose weight and had expected to need to lose about 15-20lbs... but should it be more?

so aim to lose 15lbs to start with, and then when you get there you can decide if you want to lose more?
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    so aim to lose 15lbs to start with, and then when you get there you can decide if you want to lose more?

This.

I'm 22 and 5'2.5" and my goal weight is 50kg/110lbs and then I plan on reevaluating it. But I'm also small framed which makes a difference.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I'm a pound away from my goal of 120. My first goal was 130 then 125 now its 120 and u think I'll stay at 120 cause for my frame and age, 120 looks right on me! Everyone is different.