Maintaining - friends please!

Options
Hi all, I am looking for more friends on here who are maintaining their weight. I've been maintaining for around 3 years now, logging when the scale starts to creep up on me! My incentive for staying at this weight is that I am a competitive powerlifter so I want to stay in my weight class.

Replies

• lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend add me
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I recently started maintaining, add me if you want
  • JuicerLab
    JuicerLab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am also start maintaining.
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Request sent :)
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Maintaining since @ 2013 or so.
    To maintain, are you using a particular plan or just doing what you'd done before?
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Your lifting numbers are truly impressive! WOW

Squat: 123kg = 271lb
    Bench: 75kg = 165lb
    Deadlift: 157kg = 345lb
    OHP: 52.5kg = 115lb
    Front squat 93kg = 205lb

All at bodyweight 58kg = 128lb
  • jammer1963
    jammer1963 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can add me - I've reached my goal weight today and now going to be figuring out maintenance x

I am with you, laura... loosing the weight was easy, now to keep it off...that's the challenge.
  • jammer1963
    jammer1963 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. Maybe the members of the group who have successfully maintained their weight can tell us how you accomplished your goal?
  • lauranewman130
    lauranewman130 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Please do add me! I reached my weight goal and am trying to just maintain forget the scale number and get stronger and leaner. Very hard ..feel like I'm aimless ;-)
  • Denisa941
    Denisa941 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal now i need keep
  • sunshira
    sunshira Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sure add me in. I've been maintaining for close to a year. .some days are easier than others. I could use some motivation myself right now
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining! Logging if I put on some unwanted fat. But just trying to eat intuitively!
  • sunshira
    sunshira Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like that you are eating intuitively. I need to start that again. I still track but need to focus on nutrition more than calories or points. I lost my weight thru weight watchers but have recently switched to mfp for something different
  • missycats2004
    missycats2004 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started maintaining. You can add me if you like. Anyone who is maintaining can add me. I know how to lose weight and gain weight but have no idea how to maintain my weight
  • christinamair1978
    christinamair1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just did my weight loss but wondering how to maintain... Any tips or suggestions ?
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Maintaining coming up on a year.

Lots of threads on suggestions. To sum: continue to do what you've done to lose the weight. That can mean logging, weighing in, exercising, mindfulness. The one thing you don't want to think is now that you've lost the weight you're done. It still is a journey!

Body-weight strength training x5 week

5' 1/2"

SW: 133
    Original GW: 110
    Second GW: 105
    GW as of April this year: 107 +2/-2
    CW: 111.4 (eep! In a deficit now)
  • astevens7981
    astevens7981 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any maintenance people can add me. I am also maintaining.
  • TMW45
    TMW45 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am also maintaining !
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I can only respond from experience. In my opinion, maintenance is simply a lifetime of living and eating right. We just do what we should have been doing all along, except we were once out of control and now we are in control. Now, we are disciplined regarding our eating & exercise. I don't see maintenance as a short-term thing.

Some people diet with the idea that it is short-term. They achieve a goal for some even, then they go back to their unhealthy habits. That does no one any good.: the bride marries a nice, thin groom, then he soon becomes a chubby husband. The mother loses the pregnancy weight, then goes back, becoming an overweight mother who has a hard time playing with the children because she is too big. In my opinion, a diet should have a goal of a lifetime of being more fit. Short-term diets are useless, just as is short-term maintenance.