south beach week one

Options
Hey everyone.. I'm on day 4 of south beach and most of the time it's great... But when 4pm hits, i CRAVE some carbs. I just had a bowl of cereal, but other than that I've been eating a ton of lean meat and vegis. Does anyone know how the occasional carb affects weight loss with South Beach (week 1)...

Replies

• mlopez41789
    Options
    Good question. I just started the diet also and although the whole not eating ceral or breads thing doesn't bother me. I MISS MY CHOCOLATE! I am having crazy chocolate cravings and I wonder if a chocolate once a week as a reward will harm the whole diet.

2358977.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I read the book and swore I would never limit my carbs again after the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet, so I threw it out. :angry: The rules are pretty strict, so I would doubt you should eat the carbs you want, which is total torture! Hold it out while you can, and then eat your carbs guilt-free when you get off it. Know that you can lose weight while eating healthy carbs, and that South Beach is a temporary (read: fad) diet, and not something that would be practical for a long period of time. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    For the chocolate craving, look in the recipe section of the diet book for the mocha ricotta dessert. It's not bad and will at least satisfy the chocolate craving.

I've done South Beach before and lost weight on it but promptly gained it back because I never had any intention of giving up desserts, pasta and bread for the rest of my life. It's hard to do and I was a cranky unpleasant woman to be around! I'm not trying to discourage you, this may be the diet for you. Different things work for different people. But the whole point of phase 1 is to break your body of the desire for bad carbs so eating cereal or regular chocolate will defeat that. Sorry :(
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am currently working the South Beach diet (for the second time!) I have found that the South Beach Peanut Butter cup cures my craving for chocolate. It's OK for all three phases, and totally delicious.