Treadmill broke

Options
Bearbo27
Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I am so angry right now. I had a lot of motivation issues in regards to exercising today. I got on the treadmill with the intent to do 30 mins. After about 20 min I started to feel great and decided to push it to two miles total. At around the 35 min mark (1.8 miles), I smelled a burning smell and then it abruptly stopped. My husband did all he could for it, but it looks broke for good.

It won't stop me from getting in cardio, but it sure was an easy way to fit in some cardio after a long day.

Now that I am in the market for a new one, anyone have any they prefer? This one was a Gold's Gym one.

Replies

• candacem1991
    candacem1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know about treadmills but until you get another one you could check out fitnessblender.com. I work out with them and all of their videos are completely free. They have some awesome cardio and strength training workouts :smile:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    When my treadmill broke I just started doing workouts off of You Tube or just walking.
    Jessica Smith TV has lots of great videos on You Tube.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    After my the cheap Walmart treadmill my in-laws gave me died I picked up another cheap one on Craigslist for $100. I only walked at first, so it was great for a couple years. But after I started using it to run on bad weather days I quickly realized I needed a better treadmill.
    I went back to Craigslist and got an almost new model that was originally $1500 for $200. Love it!
    There's so many nice used treadmills I don't think I'd ever buy new.
  • Bearbo27
    Options
    I don't know about treadmills but until you get another one you could check out fitnessblender.com. I work out with them and all of their videos are completely free. They have some awesome cardio and strength training workouts :smile:

Thanks, I hadn't heard of this site before today on a different thread. I will definitely check it out.
  • Bearbo27
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    When my treadmill broke I just started doing workouts off of You Tube or just walking.
    Jessica Smith TV has lots of great videos on You Tube.

Thanks for the recommendation.
  • Bearbo27
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    After my the cheap Walmart treadmill my in-laws gave me died I picked up another cheap one on Craigslist for $100. I only walked at first, so it was great for a couple years. But after I started using it to run on bad weather days I quickly realized I needed a better treadmill.
    I went back to Craigslist and got an almost new model that was originally $1500 for $200. Love it!
    There's so many nice used treadmills I don't think I'd ever buy new.

This is what I was thinking. I'm sure lots of people probably look to Craigslist to sell after a while. I will check out that too.