Any one over 50 and trying to lose weight ?

Options
2»

Replies

• cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and am down 62 pounds so far. Slow and steady with a modest deficit and moderate cardio.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I'll try to be gentle, but BS. You spent many days since January believing you were eating around 1200-1300 calories per day, but in reality you were only in the very slightest of calorie deficits. Tighten up the accuracy and truthfulness of your logging and actually tell Diary the truth. The weight truly will come off if you truly are in a 500 calorie daily deficit. There's nothing magical about it. I'm way over 50 and have lost 59 lb since January 25.

There's no easy to way to say it but yeah - Jerome is right I'm afraid! You must have been eating more than you thought and/or you weren't consistent. (This is not to imply you are 'greedy', just that many people are not very good at estimating their portions.)

I'm 50 and in peri-menopause, and I started this in January - eating around 1400 cals most days but I've had two 2-week breaks eating 1900. So far I've lost 32lbs, and I'm not active - just a little walking a few times a week. (And I mean a little!) If I can do it, you can too! You just need to stick with it and be consistent. :)