Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Good TDEE calculator?

I've been trying to find out my TDEE. The last one I used gave me 2250 for my TDEE and I added 250 calories to that as I'm trying to bulk however Ive been losing some weight. I weight myself once a week in the morning. 19 yrs old, 140 lbs, 5'8"

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Try IIFYM.com

However, all online calculators are just a starting point. You will need to adjust up or down based on what actually happens with your weight. Still losing, try adding 100 calories.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    You have been tracking calories for awhile. Using an online calculator is worthless. Why not adjust based on your actual results. If you aren happy with the amount you are gaining, add more calories.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Best TDEE calculator is the one that self adjusts for your logging inaccuracy....
    Add up your calories consumed over last four weeks, add 3500 for every pound lost, divide by 28.

Or simply just eat more until you do start gaining.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    TDEE calculators are just an estimate; a starting point. Real world experience with trial & error is the only way to arrive at an accurate number. You don't need a calculator if you know you are eating a certain number of calories and losing weight. Obviously your TDEE is higher. As others have said, add some calories and see what happens over a couple of weeks.