Carb | Fat | Protein %

Options
I am a 50 yr old female with MS. I'm 5'61/2" weigh 250lbs. My BFI is 47%. BMI is 43%. I would like to weigh 140. I have discovered this awesome app and it is really helping me. I jave also started CrossfitCrossfit Rowga 3x/week.
I'm not sure where to set my food %'s. Help!

Replies

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It is a personal preference. MFP will suggest macros, I would suggest you track what you eat and see what the makeup is. Adjust the macros until you find ones that keep you full. Make sure you get enough protein and fats.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'm a couple inches shorter than you and a couple pounds lighter. I let mfp set them for me and I'm loosing steadily. I don't really watch them too closely yet though.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Have you read the Wahl's Protocol? She's an MD who used a plant based LCHF diet to reverse many of her MS symptoms. I have some autoimmune issues and started off with her diet. It makes sense.

I am guessing her macros were around 20-25% carbs, 20% protein, and the rest is fat. It's just a guess though. I'd have to reread her book to know for sure.

I lowered my carbs to a ketogenic level (5%) to help me deal with insulin resistance. The low sugar content of food seems to help me with inflammation too.

Good luck.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Macros should be based in grams. Below is general recommendations:

Protein -.8 to 1g per per lean body mass
    Fats: .35g to .6g
    Carbs rest.

You can adjust fats and carbs based on satiety and personal preference.