traveling to seattle

Options
draco706
draco706 Posts: 174 Member
Hello, I am traveling to Seattle in August for the Dota 2 Championships. Staying downtown. Any recommendations for fun urban (not a nature lover) places to walk, things to do or restaurants to try? I would love to hear them!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Just head for the waterfront. Lots of great places to see, to eat, and hills & steps. You can also head up to Seattle Center where the Space Needle is. Take in the Chihuly garden & glass exhibit in that area if you have time (it's blown glass not flowers). Get yourself some salmon, halibut or crab for dinner! Have fun!
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will be a half mile from Space Needle.
  • mysticalsister
    mysticalsister Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza Hotel if you're looking for a tasty lunch or bar nibbly spot downtown, the Seattle Science Center is really cool if you like science (not just for kids but there will be plenty there), plus the Science Center is right next to the Space Needle and the whole Seattle Center area has all sorts of attractions besides those two things. If you want a day trip, check out the walk-on ferry ride to Blake Island and the Tillicum Village dinner and native ritual dance performances - I went once as a child and the food and the dancers and their garb are fresh in memory still, well worth the cost.
  • mysticalsister
    mysticalsister Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh and they have laser light shows at night at Seattle Center also, especially if you like to enjoy the local legal 21+ "greenery" edibles lol.