In need of some yummy food options!

Options
lista10
lista10 Posts: 73 Member
I can't do dairy,sugars unless there natural and bread! I'm stuck doing the same like 10 things and need options please post pictures and or recipes so I can try some new things! I'm going crazy and getting board of the same things I make.

Replies

• Christy1670
    Christy1670 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried a new recipe tonight. Found it on Pinterest. My neighbor brought me some veggies, including butternut squash. I always thought it was just a thanksgiving decoration!! Lol! I'd be glad to share if you want. It was quite yummy and low calorie. If you like nutmeg I think you'll like it. Friend and message me if you're interested.
    Christy1670
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    What are the ten things you are bored of? I'd hate to repeat myself.

What do you crave? Sweet, salty, creamy, crunchy?

raisins or other dried fruit, crackers of all kinds, all the veggies, roasted chickpeas, hummus, nut butters, hiker's mix, popcorn, puffed cereals of all kinds (rice, wheat, millet). all the meats, all the fish, all the legumes, tofu, root vegetable chips

you can julienne, roast, dehydrate, fry, bake, or smoothie it
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Try @wholeandhealthy on Instagram. Here's a sample of her work:

https://pinterest.com/pin/361132463852849263/

Her offerings are vegan, dairy free, gluten free, and raw.
  • jgnatca
    Options
  • lista10
    Options
    I tried a new recipe tonight. Found it on Pinterest. My neighbor brought me some veggies, including butternut squash. I always thought it was just a thanksgiving decoration!! Lol! I'd be glad to share if you want. It was quite yummy and low calorie. If you like nutmeg I think you'll like it. Friend and message me if you're interested.
    Christy1670
    Yes I would love that, and ya friend me some reason I can't figure it out.
  • lista10
    Options
    Thanks guys I normally do like meats and veggies and fruits and like rice or potatoes and almond milk and like dried fruit or like rice cake things that's it right now.
  • AMVilla
    AMVilla Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just had a sweet potato and black bean chili relleno and it was delish! Roast the chili in the oven, removremove the skin, then use boiled potatoes and black beans to stuff. Top with green salsa. Spinach and mushroom enchiladas are also good with the same green sauce. Quick and easy.
  • lista10
    Options
    Sorry I already have a pair
  • julialavergne
    julialavergne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is a snack option (: one tablespoon of reduced fat peanut butter with 5 salt free saltine crackers! So yummy! Unless your allergic to peanuts, if so then I'm very sorry! ): but if not then you should definitely try it! Peanut butter suppresses hunger longer. Hope this helps!
  • julialavergne
    julialavergne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I also love chicken!! And there's so much you can do with it! Season it with lemon and ground pepper. Or lime! Or bake it. Grill it and top it with light sauce! Or boil it and cut the chicken up then put it in a pita with some avocado! So good!
  • lista10
    Options
    I also love chicken!! And there's so much you can do with it! Season it with lemon and ground pepper. Or lime! Or bake it. Grill it and top it with light sauce! Or boil it and cut the chicken up then put it in a pita with some avocado! So good!

Your making me hungry! Yummy I'll need to try and no I'm not allergic to nuts!
  • jgnatca
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Try a rice pudding with raisins and almond milk. I have my doubts that almond milk would thicken like regular milk does, so you might try using Bird's Custard Powder.

I think you could add interest to your diet by trying different preparation methods. Potatoes can be made dozens of ways. Try twice-baked. Or potato latkes. Potato dumplings (you may skip the crumb dressing).

The paleo desserts are usually based around dried fruit of some kind for sweetness. You may get inspiration there.
    http://paleogrubs.com/dessert-recipes

For your meats you may try different sauces like soy for Asian, Tikka Masala for Indian, salsa for Mexican and so on.

I found a gluten free corn tortilla that was very nice.
  • lista10
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Try a rice pudding with raisins and almond milk. I have my doubts that almond milk would thicken like regular milk does, so you might try using Bird's Custard Powder.

I think you could add interest to your diet by trying different preparation methods. Potatoes can be made dozens of ways. Try twice-baked. Or potato latkes. Potato dumplings (you may skip the crumb dressing).

The paleo desserts are usually based around dried fruit of some kind for sweetness. You may get inspiration there.
    http://paleogrubs.com/dessert-recipes

For your meats you may try different sauces like soy for Asian, Tikka Masala for Indian, salsa for Mexican and so on.

I found a gluten free corn tortilla that was very nice.

Thanks that really helps