What made you want to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I just don't want to be a fatass. It ain't cute.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Constant bombardment in the media about the effects of excess weight on chances of contracting the dreaded NCDs - diabetes, hypertension, stroke, heart attack.
  • 2muchfnsugar
    2muchfnsugar Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Like most everyone else, was getting fatter and fatter and didnt' want to be. Love to eat, didn't scrutinize what was going in and didn't exercise to burn any of it off.
  • SukiD88_
    SukiD88_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, started at 170lbs, got down to 115lbs in about 2 years.
    I got married a little over a month ago and weighed myself today and am up to almost 125...I think I was about 118 right before the wedding.
    I feel fat and am flabby, I keep gaining weight and it seems like I'm gaining it fast. I'm a teacher and am off for the summer so I keep eating. I want to get back on track and get back down to 115, hopefully 110 (my lowest so far is 112). My goal is to be back down to 115 by the time I get back to school/work.
  • lista10
    lista10 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    SukiD88_ wrote: »
    I'm 5'2, started at 170lbs, got down to 115lbs in about 2 years.
    I got married a little over a month ago and weighed myself today and am up to almost 125...I think I was about 118 right before the wedding.
    I feel fat and am flabby, I keep gaining weight and it seems like I'm gaining it fast. I'm a teacher and am off for the summer so I keep eating. I want to get back on track and get back down to 115, hopefully 110 (my lowest so far is 112). My goal is to be back down to 115 by the time I get back to school/work.

Good for you keep up the good work! Some times that just happens and it's ok, just keep trying!
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I am only 29 and I'm starting to have feet pain, knee pain, can't walk for long periods of time, having to buy the highest size at Lane Bryant or Avenue stores, and have an addiction/emotional issue with food. I've never been thin but I just want to get to a healthy weight at this point. I am getting help with a behavioral coach and weight loss coach now.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I was over 40, and I was sick of hating myself...I was tired of feeling insecure every time a young/fit woman walked by or was on tv.....billboards made me feel bad, to the point of depression. Then I realized one day I was doing it to myself. I got serious, and stopped making excuses. 80+ pounds are now gone, and I rarely feel insecure anymore.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I was already feeling like crap physically, hated how I looked, hated when I was forced to buy new clothes, and then I held a major pity party this Valentine's Day because I was alone. Again.

Doesn't matter that I've never been into Valentine's Day at all.. it just really hit me hard this year for some reason.
  • lista10
    lista10 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was over 40, and I was sick of hating myself...I was tired of feeling insecure every time a young/fit woman walked by or was on tv.....billboards made me feel bad, to the point of depression. Then I realized one day I was doing it to myself. I got serious, and stopped making excuses. 80+ pounds are now gone, and I rarely feel insecure anymore.
    I was already feeling like crap physically, hated how I looked, hated when I was forced to buy new clothes, and then I held a major pity party this Valentine's Day because I was alone. Again.

Doesn't matter that I've never been into Valentine's Day at all.. it just really hit me hard this year for some reason.

You guys, no matter what this is your year and weather stay consistent or not your trying and how life is it can get busy! You guys rock keep up the hard work and take a day at a time and focus. I know for me everyday I push my self till I almost die but I'm so glad at the end of the day cuz I'm seeing results and I can see a change. I'm feeling better and better about where my body is going and how every week I have something to look forward too.

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I was bored and needed a new hobby. And I wanted to look good naked. Walking around at 5'8" with a 36+" waist, at 174 lbs of all gut and no muscle, did not look good. Clothed or naked. So I started working out and tracking my food.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 and decided it was time to quit smoking. I knew that I couldn't let food be my crutch any longer. So, I quit smoking, joined Weight Watchers and eventually started running. Traded one habit for another! Best thing I've ever done!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    The closet full of single digit sized clothes that I fit into 3 years ago. I'm not buying another wardrobe.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I was bored and needed a new hobby. And I wanted to look good naked.

Pretty much this.
  • Shaggysho
    Shaggysho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not being satisfied with who I was.
    I did no longer want to be the sitting, boring, gaming, kind of a guy.
    I do not like feeling fluffy.
    My goal is a active lifestyle, and a solid, visable fit body.
  • Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Crossing the line between overweight to obese.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Anxiety, the end of a long time fling
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Wanting to finally break the cycle of losing weight and gaining weight over and over. And to meet my boyfriend halfway (he's bulking up) ^_^.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    A lot of things at once. I got into the overweight category for the first time in my life. My friend took pictures of me and I just thought I looked huge and felt terrible about myself. It was the beginning of summer and I realized that I didn't want to feel terrible about myself on the beach so losing 10 pounds before summer's over would be better than nothing. I overall just felt terrible about myself, and knew that if I didn't change I would only gain more and more weight. Not to mention my fast food addiction was way too expensive for me
  • DRRich1970
    DRRich1970 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bottom line--my health, the way I look, my children and granddaughter. I want to live the rest of my life much healthier than I am now. If I leave this world any time soon, I don't want it to have anything to do with the amount of weight I've gained in past years.