Can you learn to love food?

Options
Kdp2015
Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
Are people either just into food or not? If you're not a fan can you teach yourself to enjoy food? I don't enjoy shopping for food, cooking or eating it - any tips for developing healthy habits? I'm not a fussy eater, I try most things I'm just not really interested in food..,anyone else like that?

Replies

• cblairnh
    cblairnh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I watched some videos on YouTube about Anderson Cooper's eating habits (Anderson Cooper picky eater in YouTube search box). He does seem pickier than you but he says that he isn't interested in food and just eats the same thing everyday.

As far as developing healthy habits, if you don't care what you eat can you find a menu plan and just buy those things?
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks cblairnh I could do I suppose I just wondered if I could change the way I feel about it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If you don't care about something, it's because you think it's boring, or not rewarding, or unpleasant. If something is important to you, you'll have a passion for it. If you think about eating as a chore because you're eating food you don't really like, and you want to enjoy food more, you can work on this by eating more food you like, and trying new foods and cooking methods. But if food just doesn't interest you, I'm sure you have other hobbies that give your life meaning. You can't force love.

If you just need a healthier diet, and you're not fussy, just set up a meal plan of foods you deem healthy, and follow it.

Habits and attitudes is not the same, even though they do work together (or clash).