weight gain before AF arrives

Options
Hi everyone
A quick question I'm due to start AF this week and ive gained weight although I've been a bit naughty and eaten more there past few days surly a 4 lb weight gain is a lot !!
I just wandered of other ladies gained weight before their period due?
Thanks

Replies

• janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My weight has bounced up and down in the range of 1-1.5kg for the two weeks of TOM time.
    I find the week of my period I will still reflect a good weightloss but the week after I won't have as good a loss (last month it was .5grm this month it was .1grm)
    I don't mind the weight so much as the feeling bloated because that was terrible!!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Yep, along with the usual misery, it's my other way of knowing she will be arriving soon. I usually see at least 2-3 lbs extra on the scale that week.
    It takes about 3500 calories above your TDEE to gain 1 lb of fat, so unless you've been really going crazy, it isn't fat gain.
  • Nurse_81
    Nurse_81 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    thanks Janet, I feel so bloated today, and Ive only eaten a salad for lunch!
    I hope I will see a drop soon, been hormonal and grumpy too, craving chocolate and fast food, I had some treats over the weekend, but back on it today
  • TarahByte
    TarahByte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yup I ate a bunch of junk food and crap yesterday (went above by about 300 calories) and today I'm 2lbs heavier. Last time that happened, scale was back to normal within 36 hours.
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    thanks Janet, I feel so bloated today, and Ive only eaten a salad for lunch!
    I hope I will see a drop soon, been hormonal and grumpy too, craving chocolate and fast food, I had some treats over the weekend, but back on it today

Don't let it get you too far down. I find that if I have a PMS craving it won't go away till I answer it, so I look for the easiest and healthy way to answer it - peanut butter, nutella on wholewheat toast, 2 squares of dark chocolate - whatever works for you.
    I found that on the day that I was completely ravenous (we all know those days) I went for a walk around the neighbourhood and after that my hunger was gone - perhaps try this if it gets too bad.
    X
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes! Every single month I pack on a few more pounds, but a couple of days before that *kitten* - y aunt leaves, the weight is off and I don't feel bloated anymore. The joys of being a female lol.