Wanting to make Muslim and non Muslim friends

Options
Nessathree3
Nessathree3 Posts: 10 Member
edited July 2016 in Introduce Yourself
marhabaan (hello) my name is Vanessa I managed to lose 1st 10lb during the holy month of Ramadan the weight just seemed to fall off of me and now I know I have to work extra hard to keep it off inshallah. I am hoping with determination and friendships on here I will manage to keep it off as i no longer like being the Weight I am

Replies

• 15KMA90
    15KMA90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Salaam Vanessa! Well done on losing weight during Ramadan- a few people tend to gain weight due to the eating hours! Are you able to exercise? How much weight are you hoping to lose? I am trying to lose my baby weight ( gave birth on first day of Ramadan, she was 11 days early so feeling very blessed, Alhamdulilallah!!) I gained over 2 half stone so need to lose that and more!!
  • Nessathree3
    Options
    W Alaykoum assalaam sister, shukrun yes have been exercising but I am trying not to over do it too much at the moment so I generally do between 20 to minutes of workouts a day do you think is to little? I am currently 16st 2.4 and I am hoping to get to at least 10st do you think this to much or achievable? Congratulations on the birth of baby daughter sister she is beautiful Alhamdulillah. Inshaallah we will lose the weight that we both want to lose
  • Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Salaams ladies,
    Let's be friends :)
  • 15KMA90
    15KMA90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't think 20mins a day it too little at all, you will probably need to increase this though at some point as your body will get used to it and weight loss will slow down. I don't think your goal is achievable!! You just need to be patient as you'll want to keep it off so you'll need to lose it steadily. Thank you!!- inshallah we will get to where we want to be- just take our time and support each other! Shaz_74- you too!!
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am not Muslim but keep up the good work! As you keep going you may see that inches drop before your weight does. It is a good idea to take photos of yourself to track the changes. That is so motivational for me! Any positive changes that I see make me want to keep going.
  • Nessathree3
    Options
    Thank you. That's ok I want to make non Muslim friends too think we just to keep each other motivated and the encouraging and positive words are so welcome too. The photo taking is very good idea
  • Arshad83
    Arshad83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi....Asalaamu alaikum...Anyone still active on this thread...Looking for friends to make MFP more motivational in sha Allah ta'ala
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Salaam all, I would love to have some Muslim friends on here!
  • Ihatepeelingoranges
    Options
    Asalamualaikum, any sisters can add me In shaa Allah. I'm new to MFP
  • Nessathree3
    Options
    I am still motivational but I've recently changed my name to Amina Benakrab I have sent friend requests to my new fitness pal account to coincide with my name change, feeling so so happy
  • zoza7oss
    zoza7oss Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Salam sisters, you may add me if you like, I've lost 27 lbs since February and insha2allah I want to lose another 40, I'm a bit worried though about how my weight loss is going to go in Ramadan and how I'm supposed to log my meals
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Salam sisters

I've managed to keep weight off two Ramadans now, inshallah I can do this same and stay away from all the tasty fried foods at Iftar.

Feel free to add me so we can support each other.

xx
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    zoza7oss wrote: »
    Salam sisters, you may add me if you like, I've lost 27 lbs since February and insha2allah I want to lose another 40, I'm a bit worried though about how my weight loss is going to go in Ramadan and how I'm supposed to log my meals

Salam Sis

Logging your meals stays the same its just that you don't fill out the lunch section as thats really the main meal we miss. I log my Suhoor meal as breakfast and Iftar meal as dinner.

Snacks and drinks are logged as normal.
  • zoza7oss
    zoza7oss Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    zoza7oss wrote: »

Salam Sis

Logging your meals stays the same its just that you don't fill out the lunch section as thats really the main meal we miss. I log my Suhoor meal as breakfast and Iftar meal as dinner.

Snacks and drinks are logged as normal.

Oh ok I didn't know we can skip a meal log but it's good to know now :) thank you so much
  • afameji
    afameji Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Salam all. Add me as a friend too! Fit4life that includes you too. I couldnt figure out how to send friend requests. Can you all add me? Lets encourage each other to meet our goals!
  • sadqueen
    sadqueen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is this group still active ?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    it isnt a group sadqueen - it is a thread from 2017.

Groups are in a separate section - perhaps you could do a search for Muslim groups if you want to join one for people with similar beliefs/experiences/lifestyles

or somebody might post and suggest one.