What's Best?? 2 or 3 hours ??

Options
Hi everyone,

If this is a repost I'm sorry...

Curious... is it better to eat every two hours or hold off to eat every three hours??

Just want to do what is best to keep my body running like a machine and burning those calories!:bigsmile:

Thanks
Tish

Replies

• familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

If this is a repost I'm sorry...

Curious... is it better to eat every two hours or hold off to eat every three hours??

Just want to do what is best to keep my body running like a machine and burning those calories!:bigsmile:

Thanks
    Tish
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am no expert but I think 3 hrs is a better way to space out your meals. I do find myself being "hungry" after only two hrs after eating...I really dont think is real hunger, maybe it is just a desire to snack on something. Hopefully some of the nutrition experts out there can give us accurate info...good question though!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kmatanzas
    kmatanzas Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm not sure, but i was watching montel and he had a guest on about nutrition and she said every 3 hrs is the way to go...My friend who has been helping me said every 2 hrs....
    Theres not enough time in daylight for me to eat evey 3 hrs...I start work at 1300 until 2100. I wake up @ 1000 so i can eat breakfast then go for a 3 mile walk...so it seems every 2 to 2 1/2 hrs works for me...
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know my hours are kind of weird... if I do eat every 3 hours that would put me at 4 meals a day with my last(4th) meal being at 6pm if i add another to make 5 I'd be eating at 9pm and i really don't want to do that.

And does every one say to eat 5 to 6 times a day.?

I guess we all have to do whats best for our schedule.
  • SuniBC
    SuniBC Posts: 92
    Options
    I think every 3 hours makes sense. I have that last one at 9 pm.

I eat something light but satisfying -
    usually 1/2 cup of vanilla Astro Fat Free Zero yoghurt (50 calories) , with Wal Mart's Great Value 1/2 cup of frozen 4 berry blend berries (35 calories). with 2 splenda (0 calories).
    Total 120 calories.

It's like having a late dessert. It hasn't hurt my weight loss at all (it's within my total of 1200 calories)and I don't feel so deprived. Remember it doesn't have to be a meal...a snack is suffice.

:flowerforyou: Take Care!