Low calorie no loss, now gluten free HELP

I'm in a tizz

I have been doing map for a week or so, I lost a 1lb at day 2 but no actual loss through the diet. And now, since yesterday I am gluten free after nutritionist advice.

I'm discouroaged, I have out that 1lb back on, I am more active, I am calorie counting, I am weighing, but still feel huge with a pop belly. I'm also making sure I only drink water and at least 8 glasses. I'm even starting to cut out morning cuppa tea.

Please help anyone with experience, I am due for my monthlys yesterday, would this be a factor

Thanks

Tara

Replies

• rbccg1979
    rbccg1979 Posts: 19 Member
    It's probably just that you are bloated since you say your monthly should have started yesterday. Bloating is a normal side effect of that and could cause some weight gain that will go away as your cycle ends.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Unless you are intolerant to gluten, or alergic to gluten, there is no reason to go gluten free. It would be helpful if you listed your weight, your current calorie intake, and your activity level.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Make your diary public.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Try for longer than a week, maybe.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Gotta give anything you do a month, at least. Then decide if it's not working.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    There will be weight fluctuations during TOM. The best thing is to do something and stick to it for 6 weeks. Then you can reassess whether it is working. My body fluctuates by about 6lbs on a daily basis sometimes.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    A nutrionist isn't qualified to tell you to go gluten free. Gluten sensitivity only affects 5% of the world (7 billions people).
  • tara17780
    tara17780 Posts: 3
    Thank you everyone.

I have made my diary public.

I am currently scheduled to have celiac bloods done next week, found out today I have to eat normally until a result either way. Although bread and pasta etc does bloat me, sometimes I look 9 months pregnant.

I shall plod along. I am a lot more active and a lot more in control of what I choose since using this app. Fingers crossed I see a result within a few weeks.

Tara