Getting married and looking for fitness friends

Options
SaraMA1
SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
Hello All! I am new to this and just joined today. I am looking to lose weight and connect with others who might be in the same situation as I. I would love to lose some lbs before my wedding and am looking for friends to help keep me and them, motivated along the way. Sharing successes, maybe vent if it's a rough day, or even just share recipes and new work outs. I'm 36 and live in NY, my wedding is September of 2017. Anyone care to connect?

Replies

• junesflowers
    junesflowers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to be a fitness buddy! Btw congrats on your engagement:)
  • colorherheart
    colorherheart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 23 and live in CT, would love to connect to keep each other motivated!
  • lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congrats on everything on your wedding day! !
  • lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 from fla
  • SaraMA1
    Options
    Thanks Girls!
    Do you find it easier to set a mini goal for weight lose?
    I am hoping to lose 10lbs by 8/11/16 as my first "mini" goal! Does anyone find that eating fruit makes them gain weight? Ct, FL, and NY... upcoming weddings or events for anyone?
  • AshleyMyers1020
    AshleyMyers1020 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to connect, need to keep my motivation going! Mini goals are the best way! And as for your fruit comment, there is a LOT of sugar in fruit so I would just watch how much I eat fruit wise but fruit is good for you in a decent portion
  • SaraMA1
    Options
    Hi Ashley- Did you do the color run this year? I have recently gotten back into running 5Ks, but my motivation wore off quick, I would try to run one every month for charity. I tried eliminating fruit from my diet, but I found that then I craved "naughty" treats, at least this way if I just watch the fruit I eat, it can know that it is a better sweets choice. I will see how it goes, I just added the fruit in this weekend. I heard berries and apples are the best choices/most filling for you to eat...
  • xEmmaReynoldsx
    xEmmaReynoldsx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can add me :-)
  • Ash_W1011
    Ash_W1011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I added you as a friend! I would love to connect with you! Anybody else on this thread can add me too! I love getting inspiration from others food diary and success!! Helps keep me motivated!:)
  • Astrehl04
    Astrehl04 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey ladies, I'm 30 from CA. I just graduated from nursing school so I definitely have some spare lbs to lose haha. Congrats on your engagement! I also have a wedding fast approaching and would be so grateful to be part of a group.