Lost weight while maintaining..

Options
I was eating 1600, and I asked a question here whether it's a lot or not, because I didn't feel satisfied, I'm 5'3, I was 121 lbs, now I'm 116 lbs, should I add 100 calories? I'm thinking of adding them, as I finally got over my fears of gaining weight.

Age; 19
Height; 5'3
Weight; 116
Exercise; 3 times a week
I'll start classes so I'll be moving
and walking more.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you're still losing weight you need to eat more...
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Then you weren't really "maintaining".
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Definitely add more with the common prescription of 100-200 increments. I'm a student myself, and classes at my university can be very far apart depending on what courses I'm taking. If it's the same for you, and you still keep up with formal exercise, I'd personally experiment with adding another 100 when classes start.
  • PatsyFrankDolly
    PatsyFrankDolly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I'm maintaining and I'm 5'9 and weigh 136. I eat 1900 a day.....well that's what I'm supposed to eat to maintain and I have a active lifestyle plus I workout each morning. I had your issue ....weight loss ....due to burning so many cals through incidental exercise on top of workout which would burn average 500 cal.
    So I have had to make a real effort and get my eating to as close to 1900 as I can.
    Steak and chips lol..:)
    I have spoken to my nutritionist about mfp and it's great that you can log and see how much you need to maintain. You basically have to make sure you eat all your cals back. :) Good luck.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you add more calories if you are losing weight when you don't want to lose any more weight?

How long did it take to lose those 5lbs?

Divide 17,500 ( 5lbs x 3,500cals ) by the number of days it took you to lose that weight for a rough idea how much of a daily deficit you currently have.