How do I jumpstart my weight loss and get motivated?

Hey everyone....I've always been a yoyo dieter, but I cant even seem to get the yoyo going this time. I want to lose weight, but poor planning and lack of time at home to cook seem to be a major issue. If I could just jumpstart my weight loss by 10-15 pounds I think I could get motivated enough to GO! ....I have to lose more than 50+ pounds...

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2016
    Jumpstart.....no, just no.

I'm a yo-yo dieter myself. Instead of "jump starting" by using some TEMPORARY (let's face it, very low calorie) diet, I am making lifestyle changes. Until I truly change my eating habits (forever!) and get my butt off the couch (on a regular basis)....I will continue to be fat.

Can you do baby steps?

I started with a goal to eat 2 servings of veggies everyday. Sounds simple, but those veggies are filling & crowded out other higher calorie "stuff."

I started with an exercise goal of 60 minutes a week. Then as that became routine, I added more & more minutes.

OR You could start with a pedometer.....work toward a 10,000 daily step goal (this won't happen overnight).

Just keep adding to the list of things you are willing to change forever.
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Hello! I am just recently getting serious again about losing weight.
    Did you try doing the Dukan Diet for 10 days? I started with that to get my motivation back, and lost 11lbs in 10 days from following the attack phase on the Dukan Diet?! I def don't think that this diet is a long term one, but for 10 days, I will take it!
    Good luck, feel free to add me as a friend if you would like?! =)
  • tshirtartist
    tshirtartist Posts: 109 Member
    I have been having a terrible time losing weight. Menopausal and haven't been able to barely take off a pound in a year and a half and my weight has been going up. Just started the Dukan diet 4 days ago and am down 8lbs. Still in the attack phase and so happy to see the scale moving in the right direction!☺️