walking/jogging for weight loss

Options
Hi
I am new to this website.

I would like to lose 10 kgs and increase my fitness.

I have been walking (10.5km/h) for 55-60 minutes. I have started incorporating some jogs in this (walk some then jog some on and on) but I don't seem to be losing weight (not by the scales anyway). I have noticed a little difference in my pants but not much.

I have been doing this for about 4 weeks now 4 times a week.

I have knee issues to consider which means I have to build up to a jog and not real long ones either.

Any tips and no I am not tracking everything I eat but have cut down.

Replies

• winsorsmom
    winsorsmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I pretty much only walk! I have found that it has been the only exercise that I look forward to on a daily basis and can get a good 2.5 miles in on my lunch break. I do count everything I put in my mouth, but mostly look at the calorie count first as I have looked up foods and then put them back as it was not work the calorie amount.

I tried crossfit once and loved it, but the closest crossfit near me is over an hour drive so I typically just hit the gym on the weekends and during the week (weather permitted).

As for losing weight just give it some more time, long as your clothes are feeling looser you are definitely losing inches. I have been at 18 pounds lost now for a couple of weeks, but I refuse to give up and go back to my old ways.

Good luck!
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Well, I've lost 38 pounds and counting by starting to run. I only have a treadmill; I haven't actually run outside yet but I'm still running. I got a C25K program for my iPhone and I use that. The first few weeks are walking and running with increasing time…

I write down everything that I eat. If you're not seeing any adjustment in the scale and you've been doing this for a whole month I'm thinking that it's probably your diet. Although, I did not look at your diary so I don't know.

If I were to give you any tips I would say start writing down every single thing that you eat and drink.
    Also, get a heart rate monitor so that you can see how many calories you're actually burning on your walks and runs. Sometimes my fitness pal is off by quite a bit.

Good luck