Very round rump in need of foody advice!

EpicPozo
EpicPozo Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2016 in Food and Nutrition
First, me. 5'4 165 pounds and fluffy in the midsection with a VERY round rump and thighs. Im not allergic to any foods except heavily processed foods(new reaction).

My goal is to DROP the weight(about 20 pounds to start). This summer has me gaining from being a fatty at home with the kids and no gym. So starting back on the treadmill tomorrow.

My question is how much protein should I be taking in and can I take in too much? And then fruits and veggies are easy to come by, I keep it well stocked. And HOW do I speed up my metabolism? Im definitely NOT on a low calorie diet.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Cardio and building muscle is the best way to boost your metabolism, but it is more about burning more calories than you consume than having a faster metabolism overall. .8 grams protein per lb lbm or around 80-100 grams should be fine ( but I'm just kind of throwing out #s here). You need to make sure you stay in a deficit to lose weight. Protein and strength training so what you lose will be mostly fat and not muscle.