Any one doing this - AGAIN?

Options
13»

Replies

• stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yup, I am starting again. I cant even remember how many times I have lost and gained weight. Its been a lot though. 50lbs here, 40lbs there, another 50 and so on. Been quite overweight since I was about 6 years old and I am knocking on 40's door. Sick of starting over every time. Last time I stopped was from injuries and I never started again and now its almost all back. Just 12 lbs short of the heaviest I have ever been. That's an accomplishment in its own, not gaining it ALL back lol.

If anyone wants to friend me, please do! I need the friends who are in the same boat. Nice to know others who have been through the same thing.
  • Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
    Yep I sure am. Back at it again! I am your typical yo-yo dieter. Just lost 61 lbs since February and I swear I am gonna keep it off lol
  • georgiaaasophie
    georgiaaasophie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this again too... before I was never overweight (I'm not now either) but I wanted to shift some weight. I managed to lose a stone and a half but then it turned into a restrictive eating disorder, which then after a few months resulted in regular binges.
    I've now gained 2 and a half stone over the past year, and I really need to do something about it before I do end up being overweight and unhealthy. My goal weight is 126lbs (I'm 5"6). :smile:
  • Ambersgoal87
    Ambersgoal87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mbaby86 wrote: »
    yes, I originally started in august 2014, lost something like 13kg but then was really ill during december and Jan 2015, then we decided to try for a baby in feb 2015 and baby was born end of november 2015.

he is now almost 8months old and i figured it was time to get back to it

• Ambersgoal87
    Ambersgoal87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started in 2013 and lost over 80 lbs! Then I went through a divorce and I gained everything back plus 5 lbs! I am now on track again and started last week I'm down 2 lbs but I still have so much more to go! Good luck with your journey! You did it before you CAN do it again!
  • purplemoonpie
    purplemoonpie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have gained and lost 30 lbs TWICE - this will be my third go (down 15, 15 to lose). Different factors like depression, relationships (good and bad) led me to abandon my fitness goals and nutrition. It can be frustrating to say the least to have to start back over. I know when I'm fit I am much happier. When I'm chubby, I'm depressed, don't want to be seen in public and would avoid activities such as pool days and lake days with friends.

I remember getting back on the treadmill for the first time after a chubby break and my thighs rubbed together and caused a rash. I felt fat shaking in areas that weren't there the last time I worked out. I felt tired and miserable. But you have to start somewhere and just keep at it.
  • EatPrayLove37
    EatPrayLove37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Eatpraylove37 and I am a dedicated yo-yoer! When I am on here I work hard and everything goes well, but every now and then I fall off for a while and have to get back into my healthy habits again. Add me, add me, add me!
  • tanyart91
    tanyart91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel the same as all of you. I lose weight and then gain it back. It's the story of my life. I LOVE food. Why is this so damn hard. I often think it would be easier to be addicted to cigarettes rather than food. I tell myself, "tomorrow I will get up early and exercise". I set my alarm and then wake up in the middle of the night and turn the alarm off. I am missing out on so much stuff being overweight yet I just can't seem to stick to anything.
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Me too! Lost 45, gained 35 back. I moved, found some fun friends, stopped exercising regularly, over ate and over drank. None of my clothes fit and I'm determined to get back down and maintain it. The good thing is that those friends I found, are all athletic and active. We run together on Tuesday mornings and run local races for fun. I just started another round of Insanity this week. I've done this program before and I know it whips me into shape! Add me!
  • DRRich1970
    DRRich1970 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had huge success and lost 45 kilograms. I was super fit and dedicated to working out. I was eating healthy. I looked and felt the best I had ever had. A whole load of factors played a part and now Im back up 30 kilograms. I am HEART BROKEN and angry and disappointed. How did I get back to this person? The switch has finally flipped again and I am ready to take back my body. I am looking for people who have or are going through the same thing. Id love to hear from you and get in touch and help kick your *kitten* into gear if you promise to do the same for me? Kerry xxx

I'm with you! Let's do this! We can and we WILL! I even started on Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago!
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes, me too. I am trying not to feel so disgusted with myself for undoing all my hard work, again. I worked out that over the years if I add it all up I have lost getting on for 200 lbs through my weight going up losing it again. I seem to have no will power once it starts going on again, I end up saying "diet starts on Monday", but you all know what happens when Monday comes!

This time I HAVE to do something about it as I feel horrible and I can't fit in my motorbike trousers anymore and I refuse to buy new ones, and I love to ride but can't until my clothes fit. I want to get back to how I was in my profile picture. I just don't think I have the motivation to do it all over again. I am sitting here typing this to avoid working out.

I don't want to have to log as it seems to make me obsess about food, thinking about it all the time, but I don't think I can do it without logging?

I just am feeling whats the point cos it will only come back again like it always does. It makes me feel sad to face the fact that I may have to log (or at least pay very close attention) to what I eat for the rest of my life.

OK, I better do some exercise now!

• noneedforspeed
    noneedforspeed Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    *Sigh* I feel am working with the same 10lbs up and down. Need to go down about 30 lbs to get to healthy range. Add me plz.