Breakfast ideas that dont involve fruit?

Options
Kate8059
Kate8059 Posts: 29 Member
Any suggestions?
I know I should eat more fruit but its just at the bottom of my list of favorite things

Replies

• guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is already an option! Cliché heath food but I eat it daily. Or have you tried pb2? One of my go-to's daily is pb2 with jam on toast.

Boiled eggs are a great breakfast too. Theres a pin on pinterest for soy-sauce infused ones which sound gross but honestly were amazing and gave me that touch of savory that I needed.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Egg white, Canadian bacon and cheddar cheese breakfast sandwich or protein shakes are my go to.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Use the creativity that lets you come up with a conundrum like that, to figure out some fruitless meals to eat.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I like instant grits with mix-ins like cheese, turkey sausage crumbles, and scrambled egg whites.

Smoothies are always good, and a good way to sneak in some fruit if you don't want to eat it plain.

French toast.. really quick and easy to make

Frozen waffles with various toppings
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Anything except fruit, then. Eggs, bacon, toast, cereal. Or breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast food. Have a sandwich, a salad, a bit of pasta. As long as it fits your calories and macros, you're golden.
  • Kate8059
    Options
    Thanks Ill try those. @guinevere96 whats pb2?
  • Kate8059
    Options
    nevermind I looked it up lol
  • kittens2cute
    kittens2cute Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is a 1 egg omelet with 2 oz of ham and a slice of american cheese with a piece of whole grain toast. Its a little higher calorie-wise but it keeps me full all morning and you get a good mix of protein and whole grains. Add in veggies (peppers, onions, etc) for more fiber!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat fruit for breakfast ... fruit is a mid-day snack.

I don't eat breakfast at all during the week, but on the weekends I go with ...

Toast with nutella and honey
    Toast with hardboiled eggs
    Toast with cheese and cucumber slices

And occasionally things like cereal, or a stack of waffles.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Wheat wrap, bit of scrambled egg, bit of bacon, bit of cheese. Breakfast burrito :D
  • almostanangel21
    almostanangel21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit; my breakfast is usually 1/3 cup of egg substitute with 1/4 cup of chopped veggies that I pre-prep every week. The veggies are generally some combination of tomato, spinach, onion, and mushroom. Sometimes I add a bit of cheddar cheese. One slice of whole-grain toast with sugar free jam if I don't have school, 1 tbsp caffeinated peanut butter if I do have school.
  • hmichaud09
    hmichaud09 Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    during the week
    2 egg whites with a splash of 2% milk (1 tsp tops) omlet. I rotate what i put in it. 1 oz of each (2 items tops) onion, pepper, broccoli etc. 1/2 oz of low moisture mozz shredded cheese (market basket usually)
    If I have no veggies at hand to add, I do scramble egg with 1 whole egg, 1 egg white and 1 tsp milk, little salt and lots of black pepper

Weekends I compromise with the hubby We split the following
    Scrambled egg are 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites with 1 individual coffee creamer (at camp we dont buy milk)
    hash browns (6 oz of frozen diced potato and a spice mix)
    Maple Bacon (Cook 4 slices... 2 slices each - thank god for my food sealer!!)
    he usually does a burrito wrap to put it all in, I skip that.
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I eat leftovers a lot
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Kate8059 wrote: »
    Thanks Ill try those. @guinevere96 whats pb2?

pb2 is powdered peanuts :) you add a little water and it makes low calorie peanut butter! I buy mine at walmart in the same aisle as normal nut butters.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Once every two weeks I make batches of breakfast burritos and freeze them for a quick breakfast [1 egg, 1/2 sausage patty, sauteed peppers & onions and a little shredded cheddar].
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have non-breakfast foods a lot. This morning I sautéed some mushrooms, onions, and broccoli slaw, added corn and leftover taco beef, then topped with salsa, plain yogurt, and hot sauce. Good stuff!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a bowl of oatmeal and i put a 1/4 cup of yogurt on top ots delicious.