Keeping Momentum Going

Options
I am energized and ready to tackle those next 10 pounds today! I have my calorie goal and a plan for what I'm going to eat and I'm not accepting any excuses from myself. I worked out, I'm feeling good, I have my reasons for wanting to drop the weight in my sights, and I'm going to succeed. Today, at least today. But I have a history of being energized and motivated for a few days, maybe a week or two, then I hit a bump and get discouraged and lose motivation. How do you keep your momentum going when you hit those bumps?

Replies

• courtneyrm
    courtneyrm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I try to remember how it feels when you give up during those "bumps" and have to start over again!
  • Schmitty_89
    Schmitty_89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has those off days, the important thing is to try again and again. Even if you fall off the bandwagon for three days in a row, pick it up right away once you realize you are not feeling motivated. For me, I like to write down my goals and think about why I am doing this. It helps to put those goals in sight too. I put mine in my sketchbook or on the wall and try to make them specific and not vague. Also when I feel poopy, I like to look at Pinterest. I have a board on there dedicated to lots of healthy stuff from clean recipes to motivational quotes to pictures of people I look up to. It can be addicting. Also I find that, I am most motivated in the morning than at night. If I can push myself to get up and get the workout out of the way, I find the rest of the day I can relax a little and not worry about working out at night and just fight in the kitchen. :) Keep fighting and do not be too hard on yourself.