Pokemon - anyone else catching them?

Options
Got Pokemon go on Sunday evening and have walked 26km so far without even realising it! Only noticed when fitness pal gave me an extra 800 cals to eat. So if you have some time to walk/cycle around then Pokemon is a great motivator.

Replies

• YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have indeed been catching all the pokemon and walking/biking a lot more because of it. There is a small thread about pokemon go in the fitness forum of mfp.

it is also insane how many people I'm seeing walking more because of it.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK, it's not officially out here but you can get it if you don't mind fiddling with your settings. I don't have it but Mr. Garage has it and was catching Pokemon all over town yesterday. It's an interesting concept.
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I downloaded for my 9 year old. Then I read this article this morning. I deleted the app.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/pokemon-go-has-full-access-to-your-emails-and-documents/ar-BBudddw
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Ill admit it...my son and daughter took me with them on Friday night at 11 pm and well...now I am chasing them as well. Definitely going to get me moving more...
  • carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Definitely.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Not even a little.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Yes as it's a great bonding time to do with my 8-year-old. He gets so into it and It gets is up and moving.
  • gatorsong
    gatorsong Posts: 7,000 Member
    Options
    I am when I can, but with the server issues and GPS issues, it makes it tough.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Linzon wrote: »
    Not yet, I'm in Canada :( can't wait until I can, though!

I know right...I don't have kids but yah I will download it when it comes to Canada...I mean as it is right now when I walk I play my own little games anyway so this will just be easier...

and I want to be the kids (nephew)
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Hopefully they won't take too long rolling it out in Canada! My daughter and I are really looking forward to it :)
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Why not just geocache? Same thing - a reward at the end - only without the security issues or risk of someone creating lures to mug (or worse) people?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I sort of do, but if I'm out walking, it's for exercise, which I track with MapMyWalk. Pokemon Go messes with MMW for some reason. Thankfully I only got screwed out of a half mile before I realized it. If I can't run them both at the same time, I'm only catching what I can sitting on my behind at work or home, or taking the dog out. 5-7 miles per day is enough walking for me.