Saying hello

Options
kilroy317
kilroy317 Posts: 13 Member
This is my first post. I've been using the MFP app for a few weeks and am finally giving myself time to explore the site. I feel like this is the thousandth time I'm on this journey, but decided to do things a little different this time and put myself out there. I started this journey at 240.5lbs and am down 15.5 so far. I'd like to lose an additional 100 lbs. I've also been exercising 3-4 times a week, which is something I've never really committed to before. Some days are easier than others. Yesterday was a hard day and I just wanted a piece of red velvet, but I got through it. I felt my emotions instead of eating them, which is much harder than is sounds. I'm married with a 6 year old and a 1 year old. I work everyday but on a part-time schedule so I'm home by 2:30 to be with the kids. My husband is a detective and his hours can be erractic to say the least. There are times when I feel like a single parent because of his schedule but we get through it. Hoping I can lean on others here for support when I need it. :smile:

Replies

• CindyZLoo
    CindyZLoo Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello I have also recently joined MFP. I created myself a Facebook page specifically for my weightloss journey. Support, ideas, encouragement. I'm looking for new friends to join in with me. Feel free to send me a request. https://www.facebook.com/cindy.leez.3
    -cindy
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • gerirojas
    gerirojas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi there, well your on the right track, doing the right thing, struggling is an issue for most people but with some support it can be a little easier. I'm 42 just recently moved to Knoxville TN because of my husbands work, he is an Engineer and does consulting the first 3 years of marriage he travelled all the time I def felt like a single mother. I have a 6 and 4 year old, so we could all be together we leased our house in San Antonio, TX but he still works long hours gone by 7am home by 7pm or 8pm I still feel kinda like a single parent but its better than not having him here at all.

Feel free to add me I love to have support and give it :)
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    Hello! Just keep doing what you are doing and the end result will feel amazing. Losing weight is a struggle every second of everyday. At my highest I was at 230lbs and am currently at 175. I also have two daughters 4yo and 1yo (next week :happy: )

Feel free to add me
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like! I stay home with my two little girls.