Military Female looking for support to lose stubborn pounds

Most people think that if your in the military your extremely fit and skinny. Well this gal isn't I am fit and getting stronger, but I have ten to fifteen pounds I still want to lose for me. I can out run guys who work with me that are skinny looking twigs. I would just like someone to do this with and keep me motivated so I don't go drinking every night to fit in, or eating the large hamburger and fries because that's what they guys are eating. I lost 50 pounds two and half years ago so I could join the Marines and now I would like to finally make it to my goal weight of 140.

Replies

• SergeantG
    SergeantG Posts: 92
    I am also military. And I totally concur that just becuase you are in the military doesn't automatically make you 'special forces' in the fit department! So would be glad to join you on your journey to weight loss!!
  • I will totally support you! My husband was Navy, and I have about 10-15 to lose to meet my goal. :)
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    I have no ties to the military but admire you! I'm here for support as a female - feel free to add me.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    I lost 50 pounds two and half years ago so I could join the Marines and now I would like to finally make it to my goal weight of 140.

Go on deployment with a MEU on a Gator. I went on two different (Tarawa and Boxer) and all a Marine has to do all day is eat, sleep, workout and prep. You have a regimented schedule, pretty strict diet and even a few liberty stops (for cheat days :P ).
  • I'm with you on this one. I've been in the military for over 11 years now. After 4 kids, my body isn't nearly what it was when I joined at age 18. Plus, just because you're in the military doesn't mean you're the poster child for fitness. I definatly need improvement in that area and am constantly trying.