Back with renewed hope after Binge Eating diagnosis

Options
Hi! E here... I'm a pretty long-time MFP user and lover... but I've never successfully been able to lose a significant amount of weight just by tracking... or keeping off weight that I did manage to lose.

I am going to find some time to update my profile, and hopefully blog every day, but in a nutshell, I recently learned about (and was diagnosed with) moderate to severe binge eating disorder. And as nutty as that sounds... I feel like thing FINALLY make sense to me!

Sooooo... I am now in cognitive behaviour therapy... along with being prescribed vyvanse for impulse control.

So... new user name... and new start. I was nearly ready to give up on it all and stop caring about the large amount of weight I need to lose. But I am not ready quite yet, I don't think :)

If anyone else is struggling with BED, using Vyanse and CBT, or just wanting to support each other, please feel free to get in touch or 'friend' me :)

xo
E

Replies

• Botendaddy
    Botendaddy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Keep the faith, kid - you'll find your rhythm.
  • Hoekedl
    Hoekedl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi E,

Good for you! I just picked up a brochure about BED and was amazed that everything I was reading was about me. I have not been diagnosed officially yet. To be honest I was not going to bring it up to my doctor because I did not want to be let down again. After reading your blog I am going to pursue further - thanks for being my inspiration! Looks like we might be sailing on the same sea or even perhaps in the same boat. - LH
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hello E, I'll give you a "hot damn" if you post pics in the Success Stories.