What ticker motivates you best?

Options
I currently am using a ticker that shows how many lbs I've lost. Since I'm still really in the beginning stages of a 70+ lb weight loss goal, I'm thinking that seeing the number get bigger is going to help to continue motivating me. I'm also thinking that when I hit the half way point I might switch the ticker so it says how many more lbs I have to go. Seeing me get closer to zero might also be a nice switch and motivator. Any preferences from anyone out there??

Replies

• BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Me too :) Congrats on the 16lbs you have lost so far!! That's great!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I also like to see how much i have lost...I had a bunch to lose (150), i borke mine in 3 goals of 50, so at fist i had 50 lbs, then 100 (right now) then after i hit the 100 i will put it 50 more, makes it seem i am making more progress than see it not move that much .
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    My weight loss ticker does help with my motivation, but my cycling ticker is my BIG motivator. I like adding on the miles. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. :happy:
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am halfway right now and still think i will keep my pounds lost ticker on. I don't think that I'll move it to X amount of pounds to go until I have under 10---that will be the REAL motivating part!!

Good luck, and Congrats on your 16!!
  • chelseap891
    Options
    Mine just counts down what I've lost, too. I like seeing it that way! I have 10 more lbs until my goal! Then I'm going to try for 5 more to get to 110. I'm just mostly toning...ready to see a difference in my body!
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love the "left to go" ticker. It motivates me...but I havent lost anything yet...it would be nice to see what you have done...I think I like the way you are doing it best :)

Good Job by the way
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I like the "left to go" as well...especially now that it's 1 POUND :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I am planning on doing exactly what you are... I'm not sure when I'll switch mine over because halfway is still a lot to go! I'm thinking I will switch it over when I get to "overweight" BMI, which will still leave me with about 30 pounds to lose. Right now looking at "pounds to go" is WAY too depressing! :)
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    for the first 100lbs or so I had my ticker in lbs lost. When I hit the 100 marker I started to feel like I needed a change to motivate me. I took a few months off and maintained and am starting up again now for the last 46lbs. It depends on where your mindset is I think.
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am planning on doing exactly what you are... I'm not sure when I'll switch mine over because halfway is still a lot to go! I'm thinking I will switch it over when I get to "overweight" BMI, which will still leave me with about 30 pounds to lose. Right now looking at "pounds to go" is WAY too depressing! :)

Haha! I totally agree. I couldn't bring myself to look at the lbs to go bar to start. But some of the rest of the posters have good ideas about not switching quite halfway but once you're down to 5-10 lbs. This might be a great way to help lose that last 10 that so many people have issues with!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like the "left to go" as well...especially now that it's 1 POUND :)

That's awesome!!!